Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

A prepacked Chicken and Bacon Sandwich from Dunnes Stores on wholemeal bread. It was actually quite ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I made Sweet Potato curry soup. It was yummy and very easy to make. I would have taken a pic but my Dad would have thought me weird! :pac:
    Oh i like the sound of this. How did you make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Tilly wrote: »
    Oh i like the sound of this. How did you make it?

Heat some olive oil in a deep saucepan and throw a diced onion in until slightly brown. Add in a tablespoon of curry powder and stir. Then add the sweet potato which should be cubed and add the chicken broth. Bring to the boil and then let it simmer until the veg is soft. I forgot to mention that I also added red lentils which I did on the side and then added to the broth someway through. Then it's a matter of blending it.

I served with some greek yogurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

My mouth is watering. I'm going go make it on Thursday. Thanks a mill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A bowl of leftover chili snaffled from the depths of the freezer with added baby spinach and some crispy toasted pitta. I have a happy, warm belly.

4ff55eae-a33a-4ab1-9386-afdbdaa9e9e4_zps213d5553.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ham and cheese piadana. I had some leftover ham from dinner yesterday but nothing to make it into lunch so I found Jamie Oliver's recipe for the bread in Save With Jamie. It took 10 minutes and it was so good. I halved the recipe to make just one.

250g self raising flour
    Pinch of salt
    125ml water

Mix and knead for a few minutes. It should be a soft dough so add more flour or water as needed. Divide in two. Flatten them out to about 18cm wide. Fry on a medium heat in a pan with a splash of oil for 3 minutes on each side until it has puffed up a bit. Rub the uncooked side with oil before you flip it over. Then you just fill it with whatever you want and stick it back on the pan to get it warm and melty.

I didn't take a picture but there's one here that shows the bread.

It's a really handy recipe to have on hand for a quick lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Tomato soup and a roll and i'm still bloody starving:/ New years resolution swimming is making me hungry!

Smoked salmon & potato salad and a glass of red. Friday treat lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Homemade mushroom soup topped with sauteed slices of mushroom and garlic parsley oil drizzle.

IMG_20150109_141732_zpsqsaia2rl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Homemade mushroom soup topped with sauteed slices of mushroom and garlic parsley oil drizzle.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/whatsfordindins/IMG_20150109_141732_zpsqsaia2rl.jpg
    I need this. It looks divine. Think I'll make mushroom soup today actually and freeze some.

Lunch for me today was a slice of some apple pastry thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Apologies for the atrocious picture.
    I had egg, avocado and red onion salad wrap with cucumber. Oh it was yummy and so easy to make. 2 avocados, 4 boiled eggs (2 whole and 2 white), 1 tbspn of greek yogurt, 1/4 tspoon of dijon mustard and black pepper. Mix it all together and voila.
    I'm gonna use more later as a side with my chilli I have defrosting instead of rice.

1601589_10155029498110307_4636093091927451974_n.jpg?oh=d571273d68c1f9347cc6701ec76ca718&oe=5541F059&__gda__=1429604334_62678d38e7871a011f36b54e27c4cdd6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Fried almond butter and banana sandwich, few raspberries on the side.

Made it yesterday too, in honour of Elvis' 80th birthday, his personal favourite was with peanut butter which none of the shops near my house were selling. Just as tasty with the almond!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A bowl of home made chicken soup with noodles.

120nlue.jpg

Homemade lasagna with coleslaw and baby kale leaves.

I went swimming at lunch, so to celebrate I had a toasted special...and a can of 7up...and a flapjack.

Am i doing this right?

dibkins wrote: »
    I went swimming at lunch, so to celebrate I had a toasted special...and a can of 7up...and a flapjack.

Am i doing this right?

Absolutely.
    It's all in the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Slice of leftover lasagne, spinach and ricotta filling. Really not as tasty as fresh unfortunately.

C7F4301D37C948B0889C9A920D920232-0000353053-0003715849-00800L-A3DFD203306848BBA7F9B199619F3AAA.jpg

Half a tub of Cully & Sully chicken soup bulked out with chickpeas and some extra shredded chicken. There was going to be some toasted pitta as well but my little pockety bread buddies were gone a bit blue & spotty. úl & banana to finish and a 'healthy' Eat Natural fruit, nut & dark chocolate bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Finally can cook some lunch at home (I work 60 hours a week professional as a cook so cooking at home is a real treat and im on 2 weeks holidays)

Pan fried minced pork with cumin marinated zucchini (left in the fridge for 2 days to soak in a cumin oil I make), topped with fresh coriander...to be served in freshly baked wholewheat pitta with fresh tzatziki.

2qkqnbb.jpg

Dinner tonight is just for me as girlfriend has late shift.

Kobe beef burger with some beautiful gruyere will be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today I had scallion tuna on brown toast, with tea of course.

Lovely and light, but filling. Enjoyed it while looking at the snow falling outside :)

• Advertisement

SOMEONE STOLE MY SOUP IN WORK :( Grrrr.....

The perils of an office where every second person is on the Cully & Sully Chicken for January.

Today's lunch, once I got over my rage, was half of a tub of tomato soup with added chickpeas and chili flakes and a toasted tortilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am trying to be good and reduce down the amount of food waste I have. So I had a small chicken roll with curry mayo and some left over roasted veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Ham, blue cheese and onion chutney toastie

847C1853-DDF1-4885-BBA5-E577BA5BB85E_zps23xmvsok.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Baugette with streakey rashers, melted brie, rocket and cherry tomatoes.

Decadence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Salt and vinegar cauliflower steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Salt and vinegar cauliflower steaks.

Tell us more! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tell us more! :)
    Very easy. Cut a cauliflower into flat "steaks" like this, as flat as you can anyway and either pan-fry or roast them until they're tender. I pan-fried mine and added a drop of vinegar to the pan and covered it to let the caulifower steam towards the end.

Add some salt and vinegar to serve.

Saturday lunch, some salads from Rocket Man and some meats from M&S. Bloody tasty stuff! The salads especially were delicious.

slack_for_ios_upload_360.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looks really good dibkins - must try that place someday - is there seating in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

leahyl wrote: »
    Looks really good dibkins - must try that place someday - is there seating in there?

No seating bar a bench outside for the fine days.
    Seriously good salads, though, and coffee.

Advertisement