Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

celery sticks, chicken & hummus - delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Salad box of leftover lemon chicken, ham, mixed leaves, tomatoes, & chive cottage cheese. Was really nice and the halls of my office rang with 'That's a healthy lunch MissF!!' as I smugged my way back to my desk with it.

I get called a weirdo or a health freak for bringing in something like that while people get breaded chicken and chips or some other slop from the canteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Your workmates sound like charmers connollys!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Inspired by the recent thread here on veggie chilli I jumped on the bandwagon and made Jamie Oliver's recipe for chilli con veggie

A45FF406D9494783A4A66DC2513A1F1E-0000353053-0003738534-00800L-3158788600F34C1E890DEB4BFDA3BF26.jpg

So good! This is one of those recipes where you really don't notice that you're "only" eating vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I went to the shop for a wrap for the first time in week. Reminded why i have been so diligent about bringing my lunch. Ahg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Chicken Jujeh from South Street Restaurant on Georges St.

Lunch menu is €9.95 for starters (the bruschetta is amazing!) and main course - brilliant value. Portions are massive, food is really fresh and delicious, service is great too.

Would recommend!

Cauliflower and potato salad, with a curried yoghurt dressing

TfCHJ3s.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Scrambled eggs with loads of sriracha, on thick buttery toast :). Perfect on a sunny Sunday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Faith wrote: »
    Scrambled eggs with loads of sriracha, on thick buttery toast :). Perfect on a sunny Sunday!

What's sriracha?

katydid wrote: »
    What's sriracha?

A type of hot sauce. I don't know what it does to eggs, but it escalates them from "meh" to "wow!".

sriracha.jpeg

• Advertisement

A type of hot sauce. I don't know what it does to eggs, but it escalates them from "meh" to "wow!".

sriracha.jpeg

Ah ok, never heard of it. I like hot sauce and I like scrambled eggs. Not sure if I'd like them together...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Roast tomato and garlic soup. Delicious.

Although, I can feel the delicious roast garlickyness getting ready to launch itself on my breath and from my pores, and make me the bane of my coworkers for the afternoon with it's delicious stench :D

Ah ok, never heard of it. I like hot sauce and I like scrambled eggs. Not sure if I'd like them together...

Try it. It doesn't really make the eggs taste of hot sauce, but it adds this great depth of flavour to them. I have a real issue with egg whites, and I normally avoid scrambled eggs for that reason, but now I can't wait to eat them!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Try it. It doesn't really make the eggs taste of hot sauce, but it adds this great depth of flavour to them. I have a real issue with egg whites, and I normally avoid scrambled eggs for that reason, but now I can't wait to eat them!

I love Frank's Hotsauce on an omelette .

I love Frank's Hotsauce on an omelette .

Also great with eggs Benedict, or on home fries :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I can't eat eggs without it now?! Sad but true... Love it :). Also add half an advocado now as it goes with that perfectly as well! Just love sriracha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Had some kind of pre-cooked lentil and porcini pouch, similar to the microwave rice.

It smelled lovely and it tasted alright. Unfortunately it was also kind of gritty in places and in the end I couldn't eat more than half of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

kylith wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was also kind of gritty in places

*shudder* Unexpected grit is the worst sensation when you're eating!

Today was a lunchbox of leftover roast vegetables and a green leaf salad. Then a very elderly banana. I do spoil myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I had Mars Bars curried sweet potato soup. Nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tilly wrote: »
    I had Mars Bars curried sweet potato soup. Nyom :)

Read that as a Mars Bar curried sweet potato soup and was ever so intrigued

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Read that as a Mars Bar curried sweet potato soup and was ever so intrigued

Me too :p

Warm chorizo and chickpea salad

QhH5hIP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Peppered smoked mackerel, with last night's salad.

IMG_20150312_135353_zpscthutydq.jpg

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Peppered smoked mackerel, with last night's salad.

Heated up or cold?

Heated up or cold?

Cold. I never thought of having it warmed up at all.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Cold. I never thought of having it warmed up at all.

Ok. I was just curious. I've never used smoked mackerel other than to make paté, which I did just a couple of days ago.

I did a bit of googling, and found this recipe. It sounds interesting.
    http://www.donaldrussell.com/plain-and-simple-hot-smoked-peppered-mackerel.html

Curry laksa with courgette and carrot 'noodles', boiled egg, red onion, chilli and parsley.

IMG_20150313_134510_zpsdh3wegff.jpg

Homemade fish fingers sandwich

2yDBqHJ.jpg

DSC_0202_zpsoatmftee.jpg
    Cod loins baked in foil with pre-fried chorizo and peppers, potato and breadcrumb patties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Italian chicken, chilli and black olive casserole with pitta bread. It tasted so good :)

Advertisement