Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I always go for their Belgian Waffle Sundae. I'm definitely a dessert for brunch kind of girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm going to get that next time BP! Was eyeing it up on the menu but I keep not getting sweet brunch in favour of savoury and cheating myself out of the coco(a?) pops french toast. Waffle sundae next.

Hi, my name is MissFlitworth and I've gone 3 weeks now without buying a sandwich, salad bowl or soup out for my lunch. I'm very smug but I also miss burritos, nice soup from the nice soup place with the nice brown bread, sushi trays and not having to spend time in the kitchen in work very, very much.

Today's lunch was a wholemeal bagel, smoked cheese with green chili, ham & pickles. It was Alright with a capital Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ceaser salad made with lettuce rocket spinach. Nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Huge bowl of tomato salad with mozzarella.
    We'll be away for a week, and I had 3 tomatoes and the mozzarella in the fridge, they needed eating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made a roasted vegetable and lentil salad and had it with feta. It was really nice, and there's lots left for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cocoa pops french toast in San Lorenzo in Dublin. I have full force, malignant double diabetes with a side of gout afterwards but it was worth it!! Brioche french toast with salt caramel bananas, peanut butter, mascarpone whipped cream and chocolate & salt caramel sauce. I couldn't finish it and I a) was starving and b) am not known for my dainty appetite. If you like an OTT dessert brunch on occasion I can v. v. much recommend.

<picture snipped>

Was there myself for the first time the weekend before last - up from the rebel county/real capital ;) It was lovely; I had the crab cakes!

This is a pic of the crab cakes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I can't be dealing with the crowds in San Lorenzo's lads. It's an ordeal.

I can't be dealing with the crowds in San Lorenzo's lads. It's an ordeal.

Why don't you book?

• Advertisement

My buddy had those crab cakes Leahyl! They looked awesome, although the portion size defeated her.

My only beef with San Lorenzo is the music volume. I'll deal cos I want to eat all the food there but my poor elderly ears.

leahyl wrote: »
    Why don't you book?

I always book, somehow still manage to end up in a scrum at the front door when I arrive. Maybe I've just been unlucky the last two or three times, but in any event, there are plenty of other great places for brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's pretty cramped in there, and when it's busy the entrance isn't big enough to accommodate all the people who are waiting to be seated. And it is bloody loud. Still love it though.

It's pretty cramped in there, and when it's busy the entrance isn't big enough to accommodate all the people who are waiting to be seated. And it is bloody loud. Still love it though.

That's true - it is pretty cramped at the door especially, but we weren't waiting long at the door at all in fairness, and this was a Saturday, it wasn't overly busy, we got our table straight away. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to trying other places in Dublin for brunch in the near future (*feel free to give recommendations....;))

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

We went to the new restaurant in Drumcondra Twenty2 the other day for brunch. Brioche French toast was fab and the full irish was demolished by my husband

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Lunch in the café of Waterford Crystal today; very generous portion of chicken caesar salad for me, and goats cheese salad with balsamic vinegar and walnuts for hubby. Hard to find a table with the busloads of grey haired Americans, but well worth it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chicken korma and brown rice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today was burger and chips, really delicious food, good quality and cheap for €9. Portion was big too.

Soup au Pistou, popcorn, a Satsuma, and Malteasers.

Mostly healthy.

The crappiest spag bol I've had in a long time from a place near the office. It was supposed to be a treat :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Lunch was lasagne in Mastersons in Swords. It came with some garlic bread. Nice lunch size portion.

A haggis tortilla. Delish.

photo_zpsb4snr7aj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lunch for us today is chicken wings and BBQ ribs.

Some of last night's fresh pasta in a roast tomato and garlic soup. And very nice it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Leftovers. Pasta, in a garlic, tomato and cream sauce, with pork meatballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Crayfish and mango salad with coconut and chilli dressing.
    It's a good thing my nearest Marks and Spencer is an hour away or I would be considerably poorer... and probably fatter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Kids portion of the meatballs in ikea :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yesterday was my fiance's birthday, so we went out for a fabulous 3-course brunch at one of the top restaurants here. I had:

- Buttermilk pancakes, bananas, toasted hazelnuts and salted caramels
    - Lobster benny: Atlantic Lobster, Back Bacon, Romesco, Hollandaise, English Muffin, Poached Eggs
    - Butterscotch pudding, Sour Cherry Compote, Toasted Agassiz Hazelnuts, Chocolate Cookie Crumble. I expected this to be like a sticky toffee pudding, but it was actually really different. It'd hard to describe! The "pudding" was more like custard, but with the flavour of butterscotch. I don't normally like that texture, but this worked really well.

Himself had:

- Chowder with Smoked Black Cod, Candied Sablefish, Okanagan Apples. It was very sweet, much more than any chowder I've ever tried before. Nice though!
    - He had the lobster benny too
    - Then a warm chocolate cake with Whiskey & Fig Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce

We could barely eat for the rest of the day, but it was SO worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tom Kha Gai made from leftover roast chicken and broth, with cauliflower and chestnut mushroom. That's my fridge cleared.

IMG_20150505_130035_zpsselfq3gm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Just went to Bread and Bones there in Millenium Walkway.

That lunch special plus the kimchi fries are to die for! <3

Advertisement