Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Some salads from rocket man and some meats from tesco. Made it half way through, hope the rest is as tasty tomorrow^^

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

dibkins wrote: »
    Some salads from rocket man and some meats from tesco. Made it half way through, hope the rest is as tasty tomorrow^^

What's the white stuff in the middle of the salad bowl? Potato salad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today was Lamb stew. So so delicious. Definitely one of my favourite meals. So tasty and filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Wholemeal pitta with smoked salmon, avocado and lemon and coriander hummus.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

katydid wrote: »
    What's the white stuff in the middle of the salad bowl? Potato salad?

They have 3 different types of yoghurt dressing. That one is lime and tabasco (if i recall correctly).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Yesterday was a chickpea salad with radish, diced tomatoes, feta, greens, scallions and a dressing of lemon juice and black olive tapenade (Lidl Spanish week FTW!!). It was really nice and same thing happening today.

black olive tapenade

Note to self: Not a big heaping tablespoon of this. Lunch shouldn't taste like it was boiled in sea water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Homemade mushroom soup and a salad. Back to trying to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Roast cauliflower and cheese soup. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yesterday and today are Mrs Fox's Vietnamese Summer Rolls from the Cooking Club. Such a healthy alternative!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Home made Italian-style tomato soup with cream cheese on Ryvita.

Fresh cod with a light breadcrumb batter, served salad and chips. Chips were forgotten about as the fish was unbelievable. It was probably the most fresh and tastiest fish I've ever had out.

Today I'm having spicy tuna wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I made plantain tortillas, worked pretty well. Stuffed with last night's leftover meatball casserole, gem lettuce & crumbled feta.

IMG_20150507_132402_zpso8ypyxg6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Plantain tortilla? Looks delicious, how's that work?

Minder wrote: »
    Plantain tortilla? Looks delicious, how's that work?

I got it from ZenBelly's recipe. Basically blending plantain, egg whites, lard/coconut oil, lime juice and salt, spread a couple of tablespoonfuls on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. It folds well without breaking or cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've always been funny about eggs - would only eat omelettes or scrambled eggs at a push. Could never face boiled (still won't go there) fried or poached eggs. A few weeks ago while staying at a colleague's house, due to a misheard breakfast offer, I had two poached eggs on toast put up in front of me. I took a deep breath and tucked in. I loved them - fresh from their own hens:D.

I very soon poached my first egg. Now I can't get enough of them (but his bloody hens have stopped laying for some reason:mad:).

Lunch the other day :

73CiiV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

The day will come when I will post pictures of beautiful dishes that I have slaved over.

Today is not that day.

For lunch I had a bowl of cereal and a can of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We had lunch in Bear on South William St. Very nice place. I had chestnut mushrooms and miso butter on sourdough with a huge vat of sparkling water, himself had the minute steak with fries and a beer. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Today Mathew, I had Brother Hubbard's Beans and Pulled Pork Special.

Then decamped across town to le creperie on South William Street for une crepe suzette. nom nom.

It was good to people-watch, outside like that for a while. Quite a busy spot. Then I wandered up to Asia Market for a 5kg bag of rice. ..

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    Just went to Bread and Bones there in Millenium Walkway.

That lunch special plus the kimchi fries are to die for! <3

Kimchi, you say? Hmmm, will have to investigate....

A surprisingly (surprisingly because oft times when I go experimental with making lunch it unsurprisingly tastes like I did exactly that) tasty vegetable cous cous sprinkled with green chili & Tesco dukkah

2pYsomt.jpg

More for tomorrow *waves tasty lunch celebration flag*

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Pita bread slightly overloaded with a salad of greens, smoked mackerel and a yoghurt dressing

A8328502F25B4552ACB5DB7947AD54AB-0000353053-0003760770-00800L-A67BB692717441B8B5A09F3268E7CB24.jpg

Yesterday, two slices of me lemon drizzle (fo' shizzle) cake and freshly ground coffee.

Today (now) the Thai spicy chicken noodle soup from the cooking club.

Today for lunch I had baked Seabass. I had just one piece that needed to be used by today so I dusted it with paprika, dried parsley, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, olive oil and a few slices of lemon and popped it into the oven for a few minutes.

It was divine. It was so moist and just falling apart when I ate it. Would love some more now. Maybe at the weekend. Mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Didn't take a pic because I was too starving but made a frittata to use up some of the crazy amount of eggs we have at the moment. Had leftover potatoes from last nights dinner, mushrooms, cheese and rashers and was yum but as I type I'm thinking I should have put some sweet chilli sauce in for a bit of a zing. Something to remember for next time.

Feta & veggie cous cous spiked with harissa and lemon. Was a little stingy with the harissa but still delicious. Really enjoying cous cous lately, making inroads into a large box and a large bag that I have been hauling around with me for upwards of a year and a half and through 2 house moves without ever eating any of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ha, snap! Feta and broad bean cous cous with lamb kofta.

Mine was decidedly meh though, A squeeze of lemon would probably have helped, but it's cheap, filling, and quick to cook.

I ate rings around myself this weekend so today i had feta salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing. I feel cleaner inside already :P

• Advertisement

Made roasted tomato and butternut squash soup from Hemsley and Hemsley girls' The Art of Eating Well. Delicious and filling.

IMG_20150518_123035_zpsgrybanst.jpg

Advertisement