Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Chicken wings and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Today we had a fabulous lunch in Peploe's. Amazing restaurant with great service.

To start we had crab tortellini with scallops and cream sauce:

tortellini_zps7gfus5nl.jpg

Followed by the fish of the day which was John Dory:

john%20dory_zps9oyzq1vq.jpg

Which came with gorgeous creamy scallion mashed potato:

mash_zps0boc7kks.jpg

And then my absolute favourite course; chocolate tart topped with chocolate cream and a chocolate-cornflake cap, with ice cream and berries:

chocolate%20tart_zps75ugqexe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Me, Old Dog, and my friend went for a stroll in Greystones and stopped into the Happy Pear for lunch. I had the bean and sage burger which was topped with pickled onion and what I guess was guacamole. Mucho gusto!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

An amazing puller pork wrap with barbaque sauce and blue cheese mayo from a stall in Camden Lock. Mmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I was in Peploe's recently homemadecider, and loved it! Yummy, yummy food. My favourite was the crab tortellini. Interestingly, the Irish Times gave it a lukewarm review today, but the group I was with all loved it.

I had a very restorative lunch today in the Woollen Mills after a busy morning's shopping. Great spot to linger over a lazy lunch. I've been three times in as many weeks - I'll have worked my way through the menu soon!

• Advertisement

What was that Hermione? Looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Tilly wrote: »
    What was that Hermione? Looks lovely.
    Oops, yes, a description would probably be helpful!
    The sandwich is shredded Silverside Beef, horseradish mayo, Coolattin mature cheddar, beets, black pepper & rocket on ciabatta. The salads are roasted pear & samphire, artichoke & rocket, and tabbouleh. I couldn't finish them all so they boxed up the leftovers for me. The drink was a ginger limeade, for which I'm developing quite a fondness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Went to andersons in Drumcondra for lunch. Delicious Croque Madame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Leftover of yesterday's dinner, gratin and meatballs. Et straight out of the tupperware it was microwaved in. Tis BH Sunday after all.

Mug of tae and a bit of Lidl brioche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Doritos, beef chilli, melted cheese and sour cream. Oh and a Hoegaarden. ALL the food groups!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Roast sweet potato cubes with chickpeas, paneer & spinach in harissa, lime and coconut milk. The paneer went v. chewy, as I knew it would, but I managed to clear a load of stuff out of the fridge and call it lunch so happy out with my but nicely spiced lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I finished off Monday's brisket with a couple of bloomer sandwiches today. One with Worcestershire sauce, the other with Colman's mustard.

Beanburger and couscous. And a pack of popcorn. And an Aero.

I am not having a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Oh dear Kylith!!!

I had a Lidl red bull equivalent and ham and cheese sandwiches. Lunch will consist of this till about September, I'd say. (I hate making lunches)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Yesterday was garlic prawns, fried egg, Portobello 'steak' (thanks to whoever introduced this here), wilted spinach and avocado.

IMG_20150602_131724_zpsno3s8xw1.jpg

Today we had no electricity for a few hours so I just chopped up whatever's in the fridge.

IMG_20150603_125632_zpsjnjjrohd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

A Fry-up in Tescos. It was really nice and it was excellent value at less than €5 :)

One large sausage roll and a bottle of water from Kay's kitchen cafe in Clarehall. 6 bloody euro!!! I was so hungry I paid it but never again. Reheated-burnt shíte :mad:

Red quinoa goreng with leftover roast chicken pieces and prawns, the last of sweet potato and aubergine red curry, fried egg, cucumber and chilli. Really enjoyed it.

IMG_20150604_150217_zps2th4ckas.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Tilly wrote: »
    One large sausage roll and a bottle of water from Kay's kitchen cafe in Clarehall. 6 bloody euro!!! I was so hungry I paid it but never again. Reheated-burnt shíte :mad:

What is it with Kay's Kitchens? They are so, so expensive. And the food is rubbish every single time, such a weird place.

What is it with Kay's Kitchens? They are so, so expensive. And the food is rubbish every single time, such a weird place.
    I know, i hadnt been there in years and thought i'd give it a try. Will learn my lesson for sure this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I cleaned out the poly tunnel for lunch,

Made a salad, picked lettuce, both lollo Rosso and iceberg, a few celery leaves to add to the lettuce, carrots, onions and cabbage or a yummy coleslaw, picked peas in the pods, threw them into a bowl, covered with boiling water for nearly a minute, drained and sliced the pods and threw on, then picked some cherry tomatoes, courgettes - both green and yellow.

Cleanup up the veg, sliced, made coleslaw, threw in a hard boiled egg and added the obligatory slice of hang,

Neither of us could finish it, so fresh though,

It's great being able to pick and eat, I know not everyone can though.

Burrito in a bowl. It was delish.

Pan fried duck, on warm red quinoa saladwith aubergine, sweet potato, courgette and spring onion.

IMG_20150606_133733_zpszfxrwcwv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Garlic and chili prawn salad with a mound of sweet potato fries.

When you're hungover, working in a restaurant is the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Went to Iyers here in Cork. Some sort of curry selection (i'm sorry, i've already forgotten the name). Some flavours that were odd to my palate, but everything was delicious.

i_call_it__curry_i_don_t_know_what_it_is__but_it_is_delicious__1024.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Going full-on glutton at work today. French toast with bacon and maple syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My five week old may have a beetroot stain on her head now :/

Simple goat's cheese salad

IMG_20150608_152115_zpsruepqese.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Advertisement

Prawn fried rice. Too much soy sauce so it was quite salty, but still yummy!

Advertisement