Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Spicy tuna lettuce wraps. I may have put too much chilli in them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spinach and feta omelette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

It may not look like much but it's a rather tasty "my version" of daab chingri (recipe in the link). I call it my version because it didn't go exactly as I planned. My coconut went bad so I couldn't use it to cook the prawns in it. Instead I used coconut milk and just cooked the prawns in the spice mix in a pot. I then made a tesco stirfry and at the end added the prawns with the sauce to the stirfry. Still it's very tasty and can recommend. I got panchpohron in tesco - it was missing the nigella seeds - I presume there must be few different versions of it. Also worth noting that I only used 2 green chillies in the mustard paste. It wasn't spicy but gave the dish a subtle amount of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Loanshark Blues

I made a cheese toastie in the pan, and then cracked an egg into the middle. As with all my pics it tasted better than it looks..

5RJrqVW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A couple of toasted pittas stuffed with feta, spinich and tomatoes.

5FAA562B-1718-42C4-AEFE-A1118616E361_zps6cqxas68.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Five spice and ginger pan fried chicken, gem lettuce quickly sauteed in pan juice, carrot and spring onion in a BFree quinoa and chia wrap.

IMG_20150612_133929_zpsducp6q14.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I finally cooked some of the orzo pasta that had been lurking in the cupboard, and made a salad with spinach, pesto, scallions and cherry tomatoes that I dried out in the oven. I had it with leftover roast chicken and grated parmesan. It was delicious, but I found the orzo less pleasant to chew than the normal pasta shapes. I don't think I'd bother with it again.

2nkuu1e.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

29zoocz.jpg

Quesadilla with cheese, scallions and jalapenos. With avocado, s&p and lime juice, salsa and sour cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A nice spicy (harrissa) cous cous with carrots, courgettes, a little feta, toasted nuts and baby tomatoes. I stirred a large spoon of peanut butter through in the end for experimental purposes too. It's lush and 1 small glass of cous cous has made 2 whopping, enormous lunches. My 1kg box of cous cous is the lunch gift that just keeps giving!! So many lunches out of it and it's still more than half full. Although when it's gone I think I'll switch to something that isn't just itsy bits of pasta for getting cheese & peanut butter into my mouth every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Benedict and Brut (minus the Hollandaise)

11406709_10207008121951438_6277437375328930658_n.jpg?oh=36d351253f2cbcb896fa931d889195ab&oe=56254729

• Advertisement

Our boss brought us out for lunch to Siam Thai in Malahide. I got crispy roast duck served on a bed of crispy noodlesdrizzled with tamarind sauce. I need a nap :o

A ginormous club sandwich and fries. I have The hangover. The one of legends. Carbohydrates, chicken and bacon were medicinal

Lidl's quattro formaggi pizza boosted with sauteed mushrooms and aubergine, goat's cheese and fresh basil.

IMG_20150620_133929_zpsehinqyb3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I had this during the week from Baxter & Greene - goats cheese quiche with "side salad" comprising several piles of broccoli, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrot and curried potato. There was so much food I could only eat half and I took the rest home for dinner.

IMG_20150618_125236_zpsxdi6z0od.jpg

Made Sunday lunch for the daddy and granddaddy, just a simple ginger soy roast chicken, potatoes both mashed and roast in duck fat, braised carrots and peas in homemade stock, and gravy that was a tad too sweet. No photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Pitta with rocket, garlic Mayo and (shop bought) falafel. Whopper! Must try making my own falafel :)

Lunch today was mighty. A turkey salad sandwich with my favourite fillings - butter, mayo, iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced onion, boiled egg and turkey breast. And an orange and a packet of Tayto cheese and onion crisps. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Smoked tuna in lemon and oregano oil (from Lidl's Greek range) with shallots and capers, and lettuce and tomatoes from the garden/greenhouse. Simple but yum. Still have the taste in my mouth.

Riceless sushi with smoked salmon, king prawns, cucumber and spring onion.

IMG_20150624_134211_zpsy4q91l8_edit_1435150291634_zpstxnqamug.jpg

Butternut squash soup topped with crisp smoky bacon and parmesan. Warm garlic bread. Dressed garden salad. Fresh cherries.

• Advertisement

Chicken Ceaser Wrap from Chopped in Fairview. Very impressed, a good concept that's been very well executed. Place was packed.

0815E57B-7503-46CD-8F30-BDB67C7DD2B3_zpswebgzu7d.jpg

Is that the place that does lots and lots of salads Gloomtastic? Got one near my office as well, always out the door.

Is that the place that does lots and lots of salads Gloomtastic? Got one near my office as well, always out the door.

That's the one. Didn't think Fairview would be a good spot but they look like they're doing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Ham and cheese toastie on sourdough bread pan fried with more butter than is healthy :)

Featuring my newest love, my new Wusthof

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/672063/353360.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We finally got around to making Gazpacho after putting it off for ages. It was gorgeous, tasted like summer in a bowl. I also made some velvety, dreamy hummus that we scooped up with fat chunks of raw carrot and table water crackers.

IMG_20150627_131436_zpsg1glij1e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Scrambled eggs with sauteed cherry tomatoes. :)

Salad: Spinach, onion, tuna, cucumber, tomato and a boiled egg.

Red quinoa and turmeric chicken from last night's dinner turned into sushi.

IMG_20150629_133430_zpsqdu4rk0e.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Quinoa salad with cajun spiced chicken. Very nice.

29vkzyd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Great lunch today, I had Chinese spring rolls with no meat and spicy sauce, rice with shrimps, and chicken steak in sweet and sour sauce...

Advertisement