Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Guys, what's red quinoa like? I've only tried the plain one.

Salad with spinach, avocado, cherry tomatoes, roasted butternut squash, passion fruit, parmesan, and baked salmon. Delish.

353569.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tilly wrote: »
    Guys, what's red quinoa like? I've only tried the plain one.

It's nuttier.
    The black ones then are the nuttiest and taste more wholegrain.
    I would prefer a mixture of a quarter red/black and the rest pearl/white.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    It's nuttier.
    The black ones then are the nuttiest and taste more wholegrain.
    I would prefer a mixture of a quarter red/black and the rest pearl/white.

Supervalu have a mixed pack, it's more even than 75:25 but might be worth trying :)

Supervalu have a mixed pack, it's more even than 75:25 but might be worth trying :)

Alice & Oscar's :) Yes I love their microwaveable quinoa. Handy to have in the larder.

• Advertisement

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Alice & Oscar's :) Yes I love their microwaveable quinoa. Handy to have in the larder.

I haven't seen their microwaveable one. I'll keep an eye out. Definitely handy to have when I'm less prepared than usual!

I haven't seen their microwaveable one. I'll keep an eye out. Definitely handy to have when I'm less prepared than usual!

Do! They're about €3+.

IMG_20150629_153115_zpshpdxywdm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Oh i saw that one in Supervalue yesterday. Must try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Rocket Man salad bowl. Holy crap this was so tasty!

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Beefsteak with salad from arugula and raisins, and chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

You really like that place Dibkins ;) I have yet to try it, hopefully soon!

For lunch today I have ryvita topped with Philadelphia smoked salmon and dill (spotted it in Dunnes on Sunday so said I'd try it; it's nice :)), actual smoked salmon and cucumber ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Several months later, I'm finally getting around to my easter egg.

It's a Cadbury Flake one.

Nyom nyom nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

From Sunday - Huevos Rancheros from Cleaver East. These were delicious. I made the mistake of not asking for my eggs to be cooked 'firm' though so while they were probably the perfect texture for anyone who doesn't have a funny love/hate relationship with liquid egg yolk and a full on hatred of unset egg white the whole dish was a little soft for me. /eggynavelgazing

KJG5HJm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Took my son fishing for the first time today, so strawberry jam sandwiches and flasks of hot chocolate for him and tea for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Went out for lunch with friends. :) I had a ham, cheese and tomato panini with chips, pasta and a carrot and pumpkin seed salad. Followed by a mixed berry crumble. :)

Fridge and freezer clearing: pan fried duck with fried rice.

IMG_20150705_143807_zpsr99phym6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Made us tasty nibble grub plates today with Iberico ham, mozzarella, Spanish anchovies and a mixed tomato and basil salad with obscene amounts of extra virgin olive oil mopped up with crusty bread and enjoyed with some tasty prosecco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Currently trying to break the habit of going out for lunch, by making my home made lunches a bit more substantial than my usual bagel + hummus + a yogurt.

Today I'm having a salad with egg, avocado, feta, cherry tomatoes and baby leaves. Made a quick dressing with olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Couscous, feta cheese, avocado, fresh lime juice, tomato, spring onion, red pepper.

absolutely yummers

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Sandwich with boiled eggs, avocado, hot sauce and Parmesan cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm eating clean this week so...

ufFvtKP.jpg

(by the by, anyone thinking of heading out to Ikea, it is a pit of hell now that the Summer Holidays have started. Wouldn't recommend unless you're tweaking for meatballs or desperate for some pretty mugs or need to buy a Scandinavian some soft bread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Spanish omelette with slow cooked onions and cheddar. Looking forward to lunch time today.

IMG_20150707_220445_zpsrptxluf8.jpg

Goat's cheese, spinach, basil and tomato quesadilla in quinoa and chia tortilla, slaw and watermelon.

IMG_20150708_131534_zps5tmwwcj3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

What's your slaw recipe Mrs. Fox?

dibkins wrote: »
    What's your slaw recipe Mrs. Fox?

Not exact measurement, but for dressing I mixed about 1/2 cup mayo, a splash of (almond) milk, a splash of cider vinegar, a bit of wholegrain mustard, a bit of maple syrup, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper, and chopped spring onion.
    Add in shredded red cabbage quarter, 1 large carrot julienned, 2 sliced celery sticks, about 4 sliced radish, a small kiddie box of raisins, chopped pecans. I think that was it. It changes all the time depending on what I have in the fridge/larder. But dressing is pretty much the same. I would've added a splash of buttermilk had I any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Massive baguette (arbutus bread) with Emmental, salad, mayo & relish from the English Market sandwich stall - so delicious love their sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Watching the Leinster final which was very poor so reheated quiche for lunch which turned out to be mouldy! Had focaccia and salad instead. Which the quiche heated I decided to make some fairy cakes with the kids, we did orange chocolate and Rum and raisin

Mr Fox made a lovely birthday brunch, coking my all-time favourite, poached egg with sauteed mushroom on toasted brioche.

Followed by this rich chocolate cake from Avoca. So, so rich.

IMG_20150712_162935_zpsit3flm06.jpg

* No I'm not 40 yet but putting 3 candles didn't seem right, he said.

I went to Kilmore Quay seafood festival today and had this delicious feast!

11403005_10153567780565984_5903832030415625201_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=52c6d4c915f9629e97cf363f81206cdd&oe=5617396D&__gda__=1445089753_d1e4511b9addfc0c9464b6d1a52bc321

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^^ Happy Birthday Mrs Fox. 39 again! ;)

Advertisement