Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Happy birthday Mrs Fox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had a few random things in the fridge so I decided to make a wrap that included a roast slice of chicken, basil leaves, spinach, mozzarella, avocado, mayo and some chilli powder. It was frickin' yummy and is staying on my menu. I think some sundried tomatoes would really top it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I had a few random things in the fridge so I decided to make a wrap that included a roast slice of chicken, basil leaves, spinach, mozzarella, avocado, mayo and some chilli powder. It was frickin' yummy and is staying on my menu. I think some sundried tomatoes would really top it off!

Sundried tomatoes would absolutely send that wrap to heaven :)

Another sick scallywag in the house, another pot of spiced chicken bone broth simmered slowly on the hob all morning.
    I made a bowl of pho out of it, with poached chicken breast in the broth, rice flat noodles, seasoned with fish sauce, topped with chopped basil, mint and bird's eye chilli, and a squeeze of lime.

IMG_20150713_140729_zpsdhjicfpf.jpg

Mars Bar wrote: »

I had similar, roast chicken, spinach, quinoa, avocado, cherry tomatoes, pesto - and what topped mine off - wexford strawberries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Big lunchbox full of quinoa, spinach, grated carrot & leftover roast veggies from dinner last night with loads of soy. Practically a bucket of food, really.

• Advertisement

Mrs. Fox I may just have to make that this evening :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Sundried tomatoes would absolutely send that wrap to heaven :)

Another sick scallywag in the house, another pot of spiced chicken bone broth simmered slowly on the hob all morning.
    I made a bowl of pho out of it, with poached chicken breast in the broth, rice flat noodles, seasoned with fish sauce, topped with chopped basil, mint and bird's eye chilli, and a squeeze of lime.

If I was living in your house, I'd be playing sick all the time, to get fed like this.

I have a wonderful mental image of MrsFox stepping out into her garden one night to see us all like this, going 'Phooooooooo, paaaaaaancakes....omletttttttttes....'

father_ted_2.jpg

I have a wonderful mental image of MrsFox stepping out into her garden one night to see us all like this, going 'Phooooooooo, paaaaaaancakes....omletttttttttes....'

*calls Daryl

IMG_20150713_210902_zpsln4asu5d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Is that Mr Fox on one of your fantasy role playing evenings? ;)

• Advertisement

^ Is that Mr Fox on one of your fantasy role playing evenings? ;)

Thanks, I really need to update my role play characters. *striking out Fabio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Thanks, I really need to update my role play characters. *striking out Fabio

I need to get more sleep - I read that as "Frodo" and thought that that was very kinky indeed...

Shenshen wrote: »
    I need to get more sleep - I read that as "Frodo" and thought that that was very kinky indeed...

Mmmmmm furry feet. Whatever rocks your boat!

Vietnamese summer rolls, filled with king prawns/smoked salmon, gem lettuce, cucumber, carrots, basil and mint. Hoi sin sauce to dip.

IMG_20150714_202218_zps2bnu3htb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

A full Irish (breakfast) at the greasy spoon café at the Walkinstown roundabout. Stopped with traffic, coming home from work, I couldn't resist!!!
    Bliss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'll be having ham and spinach quiche today.

2926v4i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

We just call this "chickeny rice" :pac:

d78f58691e.jpg

Applause wrote: »
    We just call this "chickeny rice" :pac:

That's one comforting bowl.

Lunch was a beautiful spread to a dear friend's house for the celebration of Eid.
    Penang Laksa packed with flavour. Also Beef Rendang with Lemang (sticky rice in coconut milk).
    Snacking on monkey nuts lightly toasted with garlic in between servings.
    Full belly to last till dinner. No photos, sorry :p
    Eid Mubarak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

F8CA0862-3B20-4065-8213-3304D923C3E4_zpsbrnae5ul.jpg

Not very pretty but very tasty leftover chilli

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Chicken, lettuce and pepper sandwich with homemade garlic bread. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Chicken soup from my shiny new thermos. Lets see how long this health kick lasts! Got chicken soup, chilli bean soup and ministrone in the freezer now - all pretty healthy and all big portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Currently tucking into two poached eggs and a massive bowl of salad - little gem, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives and feta with a quick vinaigrette. Low-cal, high veg content regime going pretty well so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Felt like indulging as it's Monday. Baked potato with chilli and lots of cheddar cheese, nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I went to Eddie Rockets, feel gross now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Centra ham salad box. Filled a gap that I've been stuffing with Bad food all week.

Salad box thing with Vietnamese roast chicken, spinach, sweet potato, sprouty things, spring onion, nuts and a peanut dressing. Tasty! Going to try make my own for next week's work lunches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lamb chops, carrot & parsnip mash, boiled ballycotton potatoes & spinach - potatoes were really good with plenty of butter & salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Haven't eaten it yet but I've just made myself a slow cooked (14 hour) duck on sourdough, with caramilised red onion chutney and Humming Bark cheese.

Gonna eat it on the bus to Dublin, cannot wait for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Duck on a bus. Brilliant! :D

(Quack quack!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

It was amazing! Humming Bark is also a fantastic cheese I discovered recently, the cheese comes wrapped in spruce bark. It's like a milder Brewers Gold.

rBUNwcw.jpg

Advertisement