Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I went out for lunch and I had a seafood tagliatelle with garlic bread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I was planning to make roast sweet potato and aubergine quinoa salad, but it escalated into curry instead. Quinoa cooked in vegetable bouillon; roasted veg in coconut milk and spices and aromatics, along with chickpeas and spinach. Yum.

IMG_20150725_145740_zpswjqcy0nn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I was planning to make roast sweet potato and aubergine quinoa salad, but it escalated into curry instead. Quinoa cooked in vegetable bouillon; roasted veg in coconut milk and spices and aromatics, along with chickpeas and spinach.

How would you have made the roast sweet potato and aubergine quiona salad? I have all those ingredients in my press and if it tastes half as good as all your pictures look it's a winner!

How would you have made the roast sweet potato and aubergine quiona salad? I have all those ingredients in my press and if it tastes half as good as all your pictures look it's a winner!

Something like this recipe, but I didn't have feta, so I would've replaced it with chickpeas. Also I would've just cooked the quinoa in a 1:1 ratio to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Had a peri peri wrap from M&S on the go today. Wasnt great but wasnt bad either...

However walking back to the car park with the family passed the homeless guy outside the entrance (who I had apologized but out of principle didnt give the change request to - didnt have same but you know what I mean...). My 10yr old said she wasnt mad about her roll and wanted to offer it it the unfortunate guy. I said offer but he mightnt be interested but he was and she was happy to hand over a basic enough roll along with a bottle of water. Hope he got some subsistence from a small but generous gesture from a relatively innocent kid

Ate my wrap humbly and incredibly proud (must be doing something right on the parenting front)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

kenco wrote: »
    Had a peri peri wrap from M&S on the go today. Wasnt great but wasnt bad either...

However walking back to the car park with the family passed the homeless guy outside the entrance (who I had apologized but out of principle didnt give the change request to - didnt have same but you know what I mean...). My 10yr old said she wasnt mad about her roll and wanted to offer it it the unfortunate guy. I said offer but he mightnt be interested but he was and she was happy to hand over a basic enough roll along with a bottle of water. Hope he got some subsistence from a small but generous gesture from a relatively innocent kid

Ate my wrap humbly and incredibly proud (must be doing something right on the parenting front)

that's lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

northgirl wrote: »
    that's lovely :)

I know, dont start me.....great kid and immensely proud of her......pleasure to post here about someone elses lunch which meant more to them than I could imagine thankfully.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Yesterday was prawn and quinoa salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Had some sourdough bread left over yesterday that really needed eating, and some lovely ripe tomatoes so it was bruschetta for lunch.

I crumbled some cheshire cheese over it, worked a treat :)

2zoayo4.jpg

And it was really messy to eat, too. I've got a great fondness for food that's messy to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Simple salad for lunch.
    Dressed leaves: rocket, mustard and radish leaves.
    Tomato, cucumber and spring onion.
    Bit of fresh marjoram, mint and fl parsley to pep up the flavour.
    Followed by a pink grapefruit.
    MEAT for dinner methinks!

9g8kiRk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

kenco wrote: »
    I know, dont start me.....great kid and immensely proud of her......pleasure to post here about someone elses lunch which meant more to them than I could imagine thankfully.....

That's the sort of thing that makes me as a parent proudest of my own daughters - empathy and a deep respect for others. What a great daughter you have :)

Pan fried chicken liver dusted in ground dried porcini, mixed leaves with maple mustard dressing and red onion.

IMG_20150731_141909_zps9gvlmpzg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Too much green in here, bit of a rare moment for myself to have something unhealthy. :)IMG_20150731_073655.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^^^^

Nom nom

I had 2 slices granary bread, slice of ham, tomato and iceberg lettuce.

Almost as nice as the above:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Potato tortilla and beans. I can't believe how quick I made it. I feel like a bit if a cheat. Thanks for the tip Spanish Eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Ruu wrote: »
    Too much green in here, bit of a rare moment for myself to have something unhealthy.

In bed hungover, would really like this served up to me right now :D

Salad with rocket, tomato, cucumber, spring onion and some mature cheddar, with two artichokes with honey mustard dip.

Extremely satisfying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Pancakes, with some raspberry sauce using raspberries from the garden. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The last of my gorgonzola frittata with lettuce that I grew in my own garden, and spinach and tomato that I didn't.

photo_zpsouqvbjwi.jpg

I did a charity lunch at work today (I bring food and the money raised goes to charity), so brought in Westafrican peanut stew with sweet potato, broccoli and kale.

Big success :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Beef, rice and bean burrito from the Wilton Market. Nom.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Shenshen wrote: »
    I did a charity lunch at work today (I bring food and the money raised goes to charity), so brought in Westafrican peanut stew with sweet potato, broccoli and kale.

Big success :D

Amy chance of a receipe?

Amy chance of a receipe?

I used this one : http://cookieandkate.com/2013/west-african-peanut-soup/

Only added chunks of sweet potato to the stock and cooked until they were soft before adding the peanuts. I'm not 100% sure what collard greens are, but it looked cabbage-y on the pictures so I used kale. And Broccoli to add a bit more texture. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

A chicken, mozzarella and barbeque sauce melt with chips and salad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure what collard greens are, but it looked cabbage-y on the pictures so I used kale.
    It's a kind of loose leafed cabbage similar taste-wise to kale popular in the deep south of the US as I understand it, so kale is probably as close as you'll get here. It's the same stuff they use in Portugal for making caldo verde called 'couve galega'. You see it growing in peoples' gardens there on massive stalks sometimes a meter or two high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Sideways - Butternut squash soup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lentil & chickpea salad with feta and assorted little tomatoes.

2vcupur.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A big old salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, green beans, red pepper, shaved carrot and avocado.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lunch today was left over mince pasta, delicious. Wish there was more left over for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Roast chicken, potatoes, carrots and gravy (my mother in law always feeds me dinner for lunch) :)

Advertisement