Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Just finished two big bowls of Curry Addict's Moorish Fish soup from the cooking club. I'm in love with the flavours!

4D193394-311F-48AC-AB54-68FE40AA6005_zpsw6mihacp.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got leeks in Aldi for 29c so I made leek & carrot soup for a change from leek & potato.
    The recipe called for a dash of Worcestershire sauce after it was blended and it was really nice, I'll definitely make it again. Had it with a toasted ham sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Last Sunday, abocado sushi.

WP_20160313_13_34_17_Pro_zpsce5ci3ir.jpg

(in bed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Lidl's pesto gnocchi with a little olive oil and a side salad. I could eat this all day.

eyASehQ.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ryvita crackers, almond butter, chive cream cheese, whiskey smoked salmon, squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper. Delicious.

k2FXuJP.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Lidl's pesto gnocchi with a little olive oil and a side salad. I could eat this all day

Is their gnocchi really nice? I've always stayed away from the pre-made one thinking it would be stodgy and tasteless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

wholemeal pitta with falafel, feta,hummus, baby gem lettuce and some sriracha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Working from home today and myself and the small fella had fried salmon & scrambled eggs in the splitting sunshine outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Mushroom tortellini, sliced mozzarella, salad, balsamic goo.

VasNKBf.jpg?3

I've been craving for spaghetti vongole but too lazy to drive all the way to the fishmonger where I get them, so I went to the local Tesco, grabbed a pack of mussels in coriander and lime sauce, heat it up with some garlic and chilli, tossed in cooked linguine and sprinkled with herbs. It'll do.

2CF12ACC-92A7-4B9F-80EE-4B547D8635F3_zpsnd8y9tpe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Did a crazy amount of traveling in the last couple of days, so I took a day off work today to recover. Went to my local sushi place, which is usually only okay, but it was great today. Had a lovely California roll that was really creamy, and a yam tempura roll that was delightfully crispy. Nothing better than good sushi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A very traditional Sunday lunch in a Thai restaurant. Nasi Goreng for me; I'd never had it before. Very enjoyable :)

Went to Dublin Bay Prawn Festival in Howth today. Jammed to the max. Even the token queue was a mile long. So we went to Beshoff's instead and enjoyed the weather. Queue Schmueues.

AA67DC44-6C83-4FCC-AEF6-EFF22465DCBD_zpsoq5qyesr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Baked baby roosters fried up with bacon lardons and sweetheart cabbage.
    Fried bacon, cabbage and spuds!!:D
    Wholegrain mustard alongside!!

jrpazNa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yesterday we had sandwiches. Soft white bread, hummus, raw broccoli, cucumber, walnuts and feta cheese.

Today it will again be sandwiches. Potato salad, fresh salsa and avocado.

The shopping will be delivered later so tomorrow, thankfully, it won't be sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

You can't beat sandwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I made mayonnaise yesterday and today I had it on a Lidl herb wrap with roast chicken and mixed leaves. It was so tasty and simple I was amazed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Creamy pasta with sun dried tomatoes and broccoli

Yesterday had Pho Bo. Defrosted some beautiful beef stock I made a few weeks ago, seared a flat iron quickly, some herbs, condiments and chopsticks.

6D9EB67C-7EC1-4613-A03F-AAE8495E7DC7_zpsc7epqwyo.jpg

Today was blueberry cacao pancakes.

Slow braised lamb shank in spiced dark chocolate sauce, quinoa 'tabbouleh', roast sweet potato and carrots, and petit pois. Happy Easter!

E5C60C44-66B3-4E93-8AB7-C9CFB99FF4D2_zpsuwtj7ltd.jpg

• Advertisement

Lunch for me was a wholemeal wrap with baby spinach, red onion, cucumber, cheddar cheese and a bolognese type mince mixture which I heated through in the oven as I'd mixed in pepperoni and some smoked cheese so wanted the cheese to melt properly. It was delicious and nice for a change to have something other than chicken in a wrap :)
    Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Slow braised lamb shank in spiced dark chocolate sauce, quinoa 'tabbouleh', roast sweet potato and carrots, and petit pois. Happy Easter!

http://s1025.photobucket.com/user/whatsfordindins/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Food/E5C60C44-66B3-4E93-8AB7-C9CFB99FF4D2_zpsuwtj7ltd.jpg.
    This looks incredible, have you a recipe for the lamb and chocolate sauce please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Easter Lunch

381516.jpg

381517.jpg

381518.jpg

This looks incredible, have you a recipe for the lamb and chocolate sauce please?

I had the recipe up on the random recipe thread about 3 years ago, if you want to look up for it. Sorry I'm on mobile, can't link it at the moment.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I had the recipe up on the random recipe thread about 3 years ago, if you want to look up for it. Sorry I'm on mobile, can't link it at the moment.
    Thanks so much I'll have a look for it now :D

EDIT: Had a look, is this the one?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83762871&postcount=93

Thanks so much I'll have a look for it now :D

EDIT: Had a look, is this the one?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83762871&postcount=93

Well done, Sherlock.
    I'm just looking at it now, I've made some tiny changes to that recipe - I just seasoned and seared the shanks, instead of coating with flour. I used higher percentage dark chocolate (75%). Also,I may have forgotten to mention to cover the pot while in the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Banana pancakes with berries and natural yoghurt. Once you get past the fact that they're not going to taste like regular pancakes, they're pretty good! They're also much lighter than regular pancakes - I ate that entire stack :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I made a chicken Caesar salad today with bacon and extra anchovies. For the dressing, I used the Bon Appetit classic recipe.

HEbsBCvl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Brought in charity lunches yesterday, imam bayildi with tabouleh made from couscous (quinoa for the coeliacs), cucumber, tomato, spring onion and lots of parsley with harissa, lemon and olive oil dressing. With pita breads and tsatsiki and houmous on the side. Had someone ask for my hand in marriage after tasting it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

dudara wrote: »
    I made a chicken Caesar salad today with bacon and extra anchovies. For the dressing, I used the Bon Appetit classic recipe.

That looks so yum.
    It's been forever since I've had caeser! On the list...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Shenshen wrote: »
    Brought in charity lunches yesterday, imam bayildi with tabouleh made from couscous (quinoa for the coeliacs), cucumber, tomato, spring onion and lots of parsley with harissa, lemon and olive oil dressing. With pita breads and tsatsiki and houmous on the side. Had someone ask for my hand in marriage after tasting it :D

And? ;)

Advertisement