Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Blueberry pancakes made with hazelnut milk and fired in coconut oil. They were tasty but not amazing tbh. Does anybody else find that hazelnut milk has much more flavour when cool? I noticed with both my coffee and the pancakes that there was no taste of nut until they were nearly gone and much cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

And? ;)

You know, if I didn't already have a husband, I might have been tempted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pulled tandoori-spiced chicken in lettuce cups. Could easily have eaten an entire head's worth of Little Gem with it.

13012701_10154738295017678_5944111617693058784_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Cauliflower and feta fritters, green leaves and greek yogurt.

RqxCVM9.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Cauliflower and feta fritters, green leaves and greek yogurt.

*steals idea*

Sounds absolutely lovely! How did you spice these?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Salad of spinach/mixed leaves, cucumber, chicken breast, baby tomatoes, egg and one lovely ripe avocado.
    I recently visited the Sunshine Coast and bought a bottle of basil infused olive oil and blueberry balsamic from the Sunshine Coast Olive Co and mix them together to make the most amazing dressing, I'd nearly drink it straight if I could :D

Seriously regretting not buying more bottles of oil and vinegar from them!

(I realise this post makes me look like a spambot but I swear I'm not :D Just someone who's mind is blown now that they know what decent balsamic vinegar tastes like...)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A big mug of homemade French Onion soup with a nice cheesy crouton on top. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I had a big greasy burger:)
    6rZ3g5b.jpg

After a busy morning, I grabbed what we had in the house for a quick lunch. Bagel, toasted. Peanut butter one side, cheese the other. Bacon, lettuce, tomato. So. Good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Soupe a l'onion at chez Max's

WP_20160430_16_24_04_Pro_zpssomcsroh.jpg

Apple, grapes, brie, applewood smoked cheddar and a few crackers.

wWmvPwj.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Pearl cous cous with 5 bean mix, parsley, red onion, sundried tomatoes, toasted flaked almonds & some sultanas.

Can't remember how to insert pic, if anyone would care to re educate me, Ta

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pearl cous cous with 5 bean mix, parsley, red onion, sundried tomatoes, toasted flaked almonds & some sultanas.

Can't remember how to insert pic, if anyone would care to re educate me, Ta

I haven't mastered uploading from my phone without them being huge, but from my laptop I upload them onto Tinypic, select the code for message boards and then copy and paste it into my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Chickpea burger with melted cheddar

385924.jpg

Very tasty

386435.jpg

Used up some leftover slow cooked beef, carrots and peas to make Cornish inspired Calzones.

Basically a pastie made with pizza dough.

Will be making again but with more gravy/sauce for moisture.

IMG_20160525_134211.jpg

Pan fried trout fillet, parsley/dill salsa verde, mixed dressed leaves with radish and beetroot salad with creamed horseradish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Noodle salad :)

105d6he.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

What did Enda Kenny say about people, the type that have their dinner in the middle of the day!?

Yesterday, I visited an elderly relative recuperating in St. Luke's in Rathgar. And I made it in time for the lunch/dinner time.

WP_20160527_14_20_51_Pro_zpsjhwszcfd.jpg
    pork and mash and corn. With a glass of milk. Decided not to bother with the strawberry juice.

Roasted pork belly yesterday. Converted the leftovers into a pretty tasty sweet and sour at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Went to 147 Deli and had their salad special this week which is rare beef, asparagus, quinoa, sweet potato and a lemon/tarragon/garlic sauce. I'll be going back tomorrow or Wednesday.
    IMG_6867-2_zpseoxh8vr0.jpg

Spanish omelette/tortilla made with potato and Smokey bacon.

387483.jpg

I did a prep session on Sunday and made 6 portions of fajita bowls. Cajun roast chicken, rice, peppers, sweetcorn and cheddar.

Froze the whole lot to use throughout the week.

Had my first one on Tuesday and it was great. Worth the bit of effort.

388226.jpg

Today I have leftovers from Sunday's dinner, ham chicken and potato all cut into cubes with some cheese and barbecue sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

A friend was visiting me so we went out for lunch today before she went home. We both had the chicken and asparagus pasta with a creamy sauce and garlic bread. It was delicious.

Bacon and pea risotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Worked from home today so I had nice, simple bruschetta for lunch. I'd run out of basil so cheated with a spoonful of pesto insteafd.

13510888_10154922598947678_2603557727037533169_n.jpg?oh=32bfdfba48e77fbade52bea2e16f95e4&oe=57CF321D

Made a batch of slow cooker pulled beef last weekend. Currently enjoying it with rice and Thai spiced veg.

389768.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'd a great lunch. I met my friend who brought the goodies and we sat outside and enjoyed herby sausages, olive bread and green beans in a dressing of olive oil, wholegrain mustard and red wine vinegar, using the bread to mop up the delicious juices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This was free at a work event so I shouldn't scoff* but here I go anyways

'Thai Green Chicken Curry' (made with 1 tsp of curry paste per litre of fauxconut milk [aka: white sauce]) with rice, potato salad, noodle salad, coleslaw, bread etc. etc. I saw more than one plate pass me by with curry with a heaping mound of coleslaw on top of it.

Also strawberries & cream, which were fab.

*BOOM! Food pun!

• Advertisement

Slow cooked beef with baby new potatoes, freshly dug yesterday evening.

390025.jpg

Eaten cold in a petrol station car park. Far better than anything in the burger bar beside me.

Advertisement