Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Omelette with feta,sun dried tomato and olives

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Roasted, stuffed boned chicken thighs (with a lovely crispy skin), spiced sweet potato mash and young asparagus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yesterday, I got to visit a nice, surprisingly nice, pizza place about 2km north of Curracloe. De Paolo's apparently. Attached to a campsite, not even a caravan park. I don't know how they do it. It was very nice. Thin crust. Delish.

Today, I had the special sandwich and tea for one (decided to exempt myself from dealing with feeding an infant!) in a hotel bar in Courtown. Then went exploring while 'they' dealt with the infant. Coolio.

No postcards to be found for purchase in Courtown... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I spent about an hour walking around Dublin today at lunchtime going 'BUT WHAT DO I ACTUALLY WANT FOR LUNCH' and rejecting everything I saw. And then I thought, curry! So I did an eeny meeny miney mo on the buffets in the Moore Street Mall and ended up at a very friendly spot which provided me with a chickpea curry with chicken biryani and little samosas and then a lamb curry with basmati. Nearly had to go to bed after.

5IYNQxO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Met a friend at the local garden centre for lunch. Went for the soup as I love their brown bread but the soup, while normally good, was very disappointing:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bit of a result at lunchtime today...
    Went to the staff canteen & they had two options: a mid-summer Christmas dinner - turkey, stuffing, roast spuds, the whole nine yards or grilled mackerel.
    Everyone went for the turkey so I was given a huge helping of mackerel that I had with an onion, cucumber & pepper salad doused with vinegar & white pepper. I was in heaven! Still having fishy burps. Mrs B won't be pleased. :)

Spaghetti with crab and rocket in a chilli/tomato sauce with toasted pine nuts

Messy plate, but pasta waits for no one :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday, chicken goujons and chopped salad with a bit of leftover Supervalu quinoa salad mixed in.

hsuahd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A toasted special with a side salad of cheese & onion hunky dorys. Likely to be on today's menu as well!

Golden vegetable savoury curried rice. Great little one pot meal, easy on the pocket and vegetarian/vegan friendly. Forgot to buy some flaked almonds this morning to toast, so finished it off with some pine nuts I had from the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Cobbled together some sort of pasta dish from the things in the back of the fridge that needed to be eaten today. Mushrooms, onion, garlic, paprika, sourcream and blue cheese. Was ok, could have benefited from some wine I'd say. I threw in a bit of lemon juice before serving and it did freshen it up a bit. In all, not bad for what it was. The little fella loved the pasta and sauce but stuck the veg to the back door when I wasn't looking. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Spicy chicken quesadillas with sour cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Since it's Treat Yo Self Thursday, I popped into 147 Deli to get the Club sandwich, and a snickers doughnut for my cuppa later.

That donut looks amazing!

We had a salad of baby leaves, coriander, tomatoes, walnuts, scallion and butter beans with goats cheese crostini. It was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

McCambridges brown bread with poached duck eggs and smoked streaky bacon. Plenty of tea too.

At the moment lunch is cooking away happily in the george foreman grill. It's a wrap with two eggs cracked into a chilli bean nest topped with jalapenos and grated cheese. I have no idea what this is gonna be like! Sounds like some egg is escaping. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

It's officially salad weather, and I made a really simple, light one. Baby leaf spinach, cherry tomato, spring onion, cucumber, red pepper and a little balsamic vinegar. Accompanied by two poached eggs for a little protein.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday I made a quinoa & roasted veg salad (I added feta when I was serving it), and a simple fruit salad for afters.
    I'll be having the leftovers today.

23hvvvm.jpg

Half a rack of Supervalu barbecue wings, potato salad and chopped salad.
    Tinypic turned my photo on its side :rolleyes:

ehm3dc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Half a rack of Supervalu barbecue wings, potato salad and chopped salad.
    Tinypic turned my photo on its side :rolleyes:
    ]

Maybe pigs can fly!

Macaroni Cheese. Had some scraps of cheese (end of a block of parmesan and a bit of French ewe's milk cheese which had a nice tang in the sauce) in the fridge to use, and I saw the macaroni this morning and *ding*

Who doesn't like a bit of crunchy crumb topping too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fried octopus with 'mashed' potatoes

500A74DA-C6DE-4F62-98D3-9241B64826AA_zpsd9pw7ovh.jpg

Ham, egg and chips Spanish-style. Forgot to take a picture until it had all been chopped up into a delightful mush.
    54A442B4-4457-4A61-A4D1-7BD32C2362AF_zpsamwqdc0i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Lunch for the next three days in work - cheese salad (goats cheese/ feta) with beetroot, tomato, cashew nuts and lettuce in a balsamic honey dressing.

hx867c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Macaroni Cheese. Had some scraps of cheese (end of a block of parmesan and a bit of French ewe's milk cheese which had a nice tang in the sauce) in the fridge to use, and I saw the macaroni this morning and *ding*

Who doesn't like a bit of crunchy crumb topping too :D

The crunchy bits are my absolute favourite!

Had lunch in the woollen mills just off the quays this afternoon. I went for tempura poached eggs to try something different and was very disappointed. Tempura was lovely and crisp, not overly oily. Eggs were very hard, very rubbery, totally over cooked. I'm a big fan of runny eggs so maybe I just had a different expectation but Eggs in tempura are weird tasting together to be honest.

The avocado hummus it came with though was exceptional, I'd go back for that alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The crunchy bits are my absolute favourite!

Had lunch in the woollen mills just off the quays this afternoon. I went for tempura poached eggs to try something different and was very disappointed. Tempura was lovely and crisp, not overly oily. Eggs were very hard, very rubbery, totally over cooked. I'm a big fan of runny eggs so maybe I just had a different expectation but Eggs in tempura are weird tasting together to be honest.

The avocado hummus it came with though was exceptional, I'd go back for that alone!

I'm intrigued by tempura eggs. Boiled or poached eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by tempura eggs. Boiled or poached eggs?

The menu said poached but the texture was more like hard boiled. Not really sure what the idea with the tempura is in terms of flavour because it didn't add anything in my opinion. Especially considering the other items on the plate (crudités, avocado hummus, whole wheat nachos, goats curd). Tempura was a weird addition, felt it was there for the novelty factor - which to be fair is the reason I ordered it in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Wholegrain pita with jalapeno and red pepper hummus, cucumber and roasted red pepper slices. Mug of tea, bag in, with almond milk.

Favourite lunch!

IMG_1469_zpsvnwnasqc.jpg

Baked sweet potato with miso/black pepper butter and a little maple syrup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

28549393121_d7f9408e4e_z.jpg

Summery start to the bank holiday weekend. Shop bought potato salad, home made prawn cocktail, smoked mackerel, poached egg and salad greens. Buttered buns and a big mug of tea:).

Advertisement