Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Mushroom sweet and sour with glass noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Tortilla soup (from the Thug Kitchen cookbook). Not my photo below but this is what it looks like!

tortillasoup.png

Except, as I'm not even approaching vegan, mine had feta crumbled on top too. Will dial the cumin down next time and be a bit more careful with the unlabelled bag of chili powder my sister brought me back from Vietnam but this is some very nice soup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Tortilla soup (from the Thug Kitchen cookbook). Not my photo below but this is what it looks like!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: You just reminded me of something! :o

Whispered wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: You just reminded me of something! :o

Defo try the soup from it if you haven't - two thumbs up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Moroccan spiced beef from the slow cooker with cubes of roasted sweet potato.

I made and froze ten portions of it last week for lunches. Delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Stir Fry - diced chicken, sweetcorn, peppers (red and yellow) sugar snap peas, red onion, Aldi fresh noodles and Amoy Peanut stir fry sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We went out for lunch yesterday for my mother's birthday to the Pine Rooms in Tramore. I had a huge bowl of mussels with garlic and chorizo, served with chunky chips and aioli. Dessert was chocolate mousse with chocolate and peanut butter ice-creams. I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day!

Pan fried calves liver, sautéed spinach with garlic and baby potatoes tossed in dill and butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Qtbek4R.jpg

Chicken, Parma Ham and Provalone sambo from Bell and Bear Cafe in Blanch.

Chargrilled halloumi, green salad with mint and garlic yogurt dressing and roasted red pepper couscous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

A prawn, mussel veg concoction with a yummy sauce. Leftovers from yesterday's dinner which we had with pasta. Literally made the recipe up during the week and it was requested for dinner yesterday. My new favourite dish!!

Cold corned beef, mixed greens salad dressed with olive oil/white wine vinegar and pesto potato salad made from yesterday's leftover spuds and pesto.

I nearly had some embarrassment for lunch. I have one of these

1107_656ml_medium_SoupMug_Microwave.jpg

and when I went to heat up my chicken and rice today SOMEONE HAD PUT A RANDOM POTATO INTO MY LUNCH. I was marching into my office to show it to people and ask them what they thought of The Potato Mystery when I copped I was breathing all over someone else's veggie curry.

But my leftover Cully & Sully chicken casserole and scalding blush was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

A bowl of tomato and basil soup with sour dough bread spread with goats cheese and sprinkled with pepper. Yum!

A microwaved baked potato with cheesy 'stuff' piped into it and some tuna & sweetcorn from a tub. Is a day for hot food so it is.

Garlic and herb roasted supreme of chicken with quinoa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Fried gnocchi with red onion, diced tomato, pesto and parmesan.

2a5n4gz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I made the crėme brûlée french toast from todays Irish Times. It went down a treat with some visitors!! Very sweet but delicious.

Had an appointment nearby so managed to weasel a trip to 147 deli in for lunch. Finally got to try their Reuben. It was, no hyperbole, one of the nicest sammidges of my life. Good bread, delightful corned beef, good sauerkraut, pickles, dressing and (I think) gruyere.

EU3lGmV.png

Grilled plaice fillet, with lemon garlic and herb rice and a white peach salsa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Had an appointment nearby so managed to weasel a trip to 147 deli in for lunch. Finally got to try their Reuben. It was, no hyperbole, one of the nicest sammidges of my life. Good bread, delightful corned beef, good sauerkraut, pickles, dressing and (I think) gruyere.

Sauerkraut and cheese? :eek:

I'll take your word that it was nice, but that's an unusual combination.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's a standard combination in a Rueben sandwich. Usually Swiss cheese, and it's lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love anything vinegary/pickled with cheese :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I love anything vinegary/pickled with cheese :)

Me too, but Sauerkraut is usually neither - unless it's uncooked? But then it would be barely edible? I'm really curious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Shenshen wrote: »
    Me too, but Sauerkraut is usually neither - unless it's uncooked? But then it would be barely edible? I'm really curious now.

Isn't Sauerkraut pickled cabbage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mmmm sauerkraut. That's next on the 147 list, I'm working my way through the menu! I developed a craving for all things pickled when preggers, which hasn't left me a year and a half on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

chicken casserole, I forgot to add salt and pepper when cooking so it was not the best.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Isn't Sauerkraut pickled cabbage?

Tis actually fermented.

I prefer cold-pickling myself, I want to like sauerkraut but I don't!

Shenshen wrote: »
    Sauerkraut and cheese? :eek:

I'll take your word that it was nice, but that's an unusual combination.

It was honestly very very good :) The sour taste along with pickles and cheese (and corned beef, but I know you're a veggie) and a slightly sweet dressing is a fab combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Homemade curried butternut squash, lentil and coconut soup, mccambridges brown soda and real butter, an apple

Advertisement