Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Not strictly a Buddha bowl because of the chicken, but I love the concept. I had leftover roast chicken, roasted veg couscous & chickpea salad, roasted broccoli, beetroot and lettuce with a drizzle of honey & balsamic dressing.

2cgmp88.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Enchiladas :D

Spaghetti with a fresh cherry tomato, olive and chargrilled aubergine sauce.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I recently replicated a favourite brunch dish of ours, now that we can no longer go to that brunch establishment :(. I made my own Southern biscuits, and served them fresh out of the oven. They were topped with a breaded chicken breast, an egg and homemade sausage gravy. It was so, so good! My husband had to eat most of mine, because it was crazy filling.

The next day, we just had the leftover biscuits and gravy for brunch, with chopped spring onions on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Frittata with ham, potato and chilli cheese.

• Advertisement

Made a nice veggie four bean chilli with good old plain boiled white rice :D

Warm baguette filled with spice coated flat iron steak cut into strips, quick pickle red onion slices, rocket, cucumber and a dijon mustard mayo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Off to the pub for afternoon pints so I need a substantial lunch: Last night colcannon with spiced up rib eye and mushrooms...

31573512105_6eb04b56d4_z.jpg

Mini Fray Bentos pies! Who knew?!

32283052215_cbf5f7180f_z.jpg

With last night's mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

photo_zpswco1a763.jpg

Went to Kokoro for lunch. Beef yaki soba with miso soup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lunch today was afternoon tea in the Westin - fabulous :)

Home made parsnip, coriander curry soup...

32416196981_f0865904ed_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

It was breakfast and lunch in one yesterday, after having been on a 2 hour cycle.

I made a quesadilla filled with onion, pepper, courgette and jalapeno, with nice smoked cheddar and a salad on the side :

1e3yg1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I'm in college so I brought in my lunch today, I packed a small baguette with ham and butter, how exciting... 2 mandarins, about 20 little pineapple chunks, a muller light yoghurt and a bottle of lemon cordial! then I bought a scone at lunch too and a coffee...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

2 toasted pitta breads - 1 with vine tomato, red onion, cucumber and lettuce other with just red onion and double gloucester cheddar with chives. Yum

Italian vegetable soup with mixed beans and pasta shells.

fw3qsw.jpg

Sitting in a centra in the city centre, bought a coffee so I can sit and eat my lunch I brought with me. Pot noodle, yoghurt, sesame seed ham sand which.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I realise that most of you eat lunch at noon or thereabouts then dinner in the evening, but my daily routine means I eat my main meal around noon... Today, delicious and simple fried egg and chips... Nothing finer....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I was taken out for a (belated) birthday lunch. I had a reuben - corned beef on foccaccia with mustard, gherkins and french fried onions, with sweet potato fries. Lovely.

For lunch yesterday I went to Subway, did the same today..

Yesterday: Chicken & chorizo 6 inch sub with cheese,jalapenos, sweetcorn and lite mayo on italian herbs bread.
    Today: Chicken teriyaki with cheese, jalapenos sweetcorn and green pepper, with lite mayo again on italian herbs bread!

• Advertisement

Sometimes I just have a pudding for a meal; I can never eat more than one course at a time any more.. LOVE puddings.. So today, made a simple raspberry steamed sponge pudding with custard.. Delicious...

Real comfort food time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fridge-raid lunch today - slices of pastrami, gherkins, artichoke hearts & some mature cheddar.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sushi, that I made last night. Fab.

I made a pot of vegetable soup when we came back from a very bracing walk on the beach, and we had that with brown bread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I made tomato soup for lunch - well, I call it tomato soup but it was really mixed veg. Tomato kind of dominates whenever it is added to a soup I find, but thankfully the tomatoey flavour is what I was going for today. Onion, garlic, carrot, celery, red pepper and a can of tomatoes, with a chicken stock jelly and a mug or so of water, simmered, blended, seasoned with salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, a bay leaf, some oregano and a dash of Franks. Served with a swirl of cream and grilled plastic cheese sandwiches. Lovely on a cold day.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭carrieb

Today I'm in the office so I brought homemade courgette soup (yey for having a microwave!) and a brown bread toasted sandwich, pesto, tomato and cheese (yey for a sandwich toaster) I brought carrot and humus for a snack. Usually I'm out on the road so look forward to the one day I have kitchen facilities. Mostly I buy lunch as I rarely make something nice enough to eat cold and those flasks just never seem to work... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AnjaD13

Pasta with tuna and tomato sauce.

Feasted on leftovers.. Love cooking more than eating so sometimes this is needful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I prepared a lovely lunch this morning - a salad with broccoli (steamed, but still just crunchy enough), radishes, cucumber, chili olives, lettuce and spring onion with some grilled halloumi to put on top.

And then I went and left it at home. So instead, I had to have a sandwich. Now, it was a nice sandwich, olives and mushrooms in pesto, but I'm still kicking myself for leaving my lunch at home. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You've heard of the BLT sandwich but let me introduce you to the BSBLT sandwich - Bazmo's Stuffing Balls, Lettuce & Tomato! 😀

65710231-0B89-4F59-8CEA-567044BA2FE3_zpsz8hbplcd.jpg

Advertisement