Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Porridge, banana on top, more of a late breakfast!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Decent noodles from Asia Market, fried egg and battered prawns from Lidl (for crunchiness:))

32909925836_8d48e92fb2_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A Pink Lady apple and a piece of mature Cheddar. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lunch today was.. finger food...;) hot roast chicken ( bought one in Dunne's; the lady was just taking them out of the oven as I approached; E4.99) And Fresh baguette, parked near a ruined church that was guarded by three pretty donkeys and shared the bread with them...Later, coffee and a tesco custard doughnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Myself and the toddler are having a picnic! Sourdough bread, spicy wedges, lightly roasted cherry tomatoes, humous, coleslaw and emmental cheese.

I love this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love a picnic :)

I had chicken soup made with the leftovers from last night's roast chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A pitta with turkey + Keoghs salted crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Yesterday I was in hospital so lunch was two cups of different soups, first was vegetable soup, it was so good I asked for a second cup but they'd none left so they brought me minestrone which was unbelievably good. Hospital foods aren't great by any stretch but those soups yesterday was gorgeous especially the minestrone. I'm going to try making my own.

Today was a BLT in wholemeal pitta. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Day off today so made a big chicken and broccoli bake and have divided it up for work lunch and froze it. Having a small leftover portion for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

2 slices brown sliced, buttered one side with low fat cheese spread, other with kerrygold (all about a balance right !), had sliced ham, vine cherry tomatoes, red onion and mixed leaves of lettuce inside. I felt good after it !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

sandwich brought from home (boring, ham and butter..) and a cup of vegetable soup from centra for 2.50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

vicwatson wrote: »
    2 slices brown sliced, buttered one side with low fat cheese spread, other with kerrygold (all about a balance right !), had sliced ham, vine cherry tomatoes, red onion and mixed leaves of lettuce inside. I felt good after it !!

You should have had one brown, one white to maintain the balance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

arian wrote: »
    You should have had one brown, one white to maintain the balance :)

Had that the next day :pac: not as good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Went to Roosters Piri Piri in Douglas with my colleagues today - I had the halloumi wrap with medium spicy sauce and sweet potato fries. Seriously yummy food, I have to say. Only next time, I'll go for the hot sauce instead :D

Just enjoyed my main meal.... Chips, fish( LIDL frozen breaded chunky cod), cauliflower and a couple of mushrooms.... very enjoyable indeed thank you!
    The cauli was part of a HUGE one I got reduced to 80 cents which will last forever and a day ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The resurfacing of the pizza thread made me hungry

photo%201_zpsdmpp5b6n.jpg

A salad of spinach leaves, black olives, cucumber, artichoke, feta, tomato, toasted pumpkin and sesame seeds and a lemon, oregano and olive oil dressing. It was exactly what I was craving after a week of eating stodgy food

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Salad of rocket, tomatoes, avocado, sliced sugar snap peas, grapes and shaved coconut, dressed with honey, lime juice, olive oil and black pepper, with some chopped honey roast nuts on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Focaccia with Balsamic Onions, Tomato and Basil and Three Cheese Toppins

7614C4BD-AEA8-4110-8034-306A8B0C58C5_zpsgejmcwsx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I could eat that in one go. It looks divine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Shared some California rolls (avocado and crab), iniari with fried tofu and pork gyoza from Yamamori. Hit the spot!

Focaccia with Balsamic Onions, Tomato and Basil and Three Cheese Toppins

Recipe please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thank you! I will definitely be making this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I found loads of wild garlic so I've been making pesto, mayo and hollandaise all weekend.

IMG_0093%20copy_zpsftwc0cca.jpg

I had a bunch of basil that needed to be used but no other proper pesto ingredients. I ended up cobbling together a pesto type dressing with toasted pumpkin and sesame seeds and feta cheese instead of the usual. It was much thicker because of the cheese and I used a bit too much garlic (next time I might roast the garlic and see how that is) but it dressed some wholegrain pasta very nicely. really nice with some pasta.

Soup! I had a lot of "bits" of vegetables so I simply... threw them all in together... carrots, parsnip, sweet potato, onion, mushrooms, cauliflower.... simmered until soft then whizzed.

Best soup ever and plenty more to come.. thick and wholesome and sustaining.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

On Sunday we had lunch in The Chophouse on Shelbourne Road, I had the most amazing rib eye steak for main course.

Yesterday I had Aldi falafel with salad.

IMG_2144.jpg
    upload multiple images

Beans and toast covered in melty butter, salt, pepper. Delicious - doesn't get the love it deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Smoked brisket sambos. Not cooking for anyone else tonight, so going to have them for dinner too.

Advertisement