Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cully & Sully chicken & veg soup with granary bread and a Dairy Milk cause SUGAR required!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

beertons wrote: »
    Smoked brisket sambos. Not cooking for anyone else tonight, so going to have them for dinner too.

Pic please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Leftover pork belly (not a lot); leftover gravy (not a lot); slice of bread (bread machine oat: not to be made again :) ) for the gravy. Good stuff :)

Banana after.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pic please! :D

Of the sambo or the brisket? The brisket is over on the bbq smoker one. I wouldn't take a pic of a sambo, it was literally bread, butter and beef. But delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yesterday an epicurean feast in a layby overlooking Clew Bay... warm sausage roll and warm roast chicken... jam tart and coffee from my flask.

The sauce was "hunger" and I went on my way well satisfied...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A white pizza. It was supposed to be what I had for dinner last night, but my first experiment with defrosting dough did not go well. I used my general no knead dough, shop-bought carboneire sauce, mushrooms, and serrano ham. It was very thin and very crispy, but also quite tasty. The sauce went much better on the pizza than on the pasta last night.

photo%204_zpsvsxzuyi9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We (along with 90% of the country) decided to eat outdoors today. So myself, husband and toddler headed to the Curragh for a picnic of aldis sweet potato pakora, wraps, fresh homemade salsa, hummous with peppers and celery, cheese, fruit, king crisps, fig rolls and a bottle of finches orange. Bikkies and orange means the little fella is currently on a sugar high, but it's rare and we had a lovely afternoon, so worth it :D

Early lunch today. I made Jamie Oliver's Tomato soup. I didn't have tinned plum tomatoes so used two cans of aldi chopped. It also calls for 6 ripe tomatoes, I used them and also roasted another 6 in the airfryer until they had nice caramelised blackened bits and threw them in too.

Very nice, basil just comes through enough to taste and it makes a really big pot so enough for the freezer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We had "international food day" at work. Since our team members come from 4 different continents and 7 different countries, everybody brought in a dish from their country.

We had : Lasange, foccacia, home-pickled artichokes, quiches, cheese and onion tart, pasta salads, German coleslaw, German smelly cheese spread with pretzels (thank you Lidl for that one :D), fried plantain, chicken and broccoli pie, cachapas (Venezuelan corn pancakes with cheese) and black and white puddings
    And for dessert : chocolate mouse, apple pie, rhubarb crumble with custard, key lime pie, chocolate and cream cakes and flapjacks.

I could barely keep awake for the afternoon after this!

More brunch really: beef and black pepper sausages, garlic roast mushrooms, and cloud eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

kylith wrote: »
    More brunch really: beef and black pepper sausages, garlic roast mushrooms, and cloud eggs.

All looks amazing.

Cloud eggs? Tell me more!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Where are the yolks.

Comfort food lunch today, paprika and chilli dusted potato cubes, mixed baby leaves, Greek yoghurt with garlic, chives and chopped fresh parsley and some oven dried tomatoes.

All looks amazing.

Cloud eggs? Tell me more!!! :D
    Where are the yolks.

The yolks are in the cloud! First whisk 2 egg whites to stiff peaks with a wee pinch of cream of tartar, then I folded in grated parmesan and herbs. Take a quarter of the eggs white and put it in a blob on a baking sheet. Make an indentation in it and put the yolk there. Cover with another quarter of the egg white, repeat for the other egg, then put in the oven for about 8 minutes for a lovely runny yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

[IMG][/img][IMG][/img]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday I bought fennel for the first time ever, and made Rachel Allen's chicken, orange and fennel salad https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/recipes/2013/0828/744246-chicken-fennel-and-orange-salad-with-pinwheels/

It was delicious - I added some red onion just because I love onion :)

54cgp1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A leftover Salmon Fishcake from last night's dinner.

DF6A67E9-2550-42E3-903C-5CAF0366FE70_zpsu8vxosj3.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Early lunch of kippers and eggs...

34569019826_ec16068447_z.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is that some kind of... cushion for eggs?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Faith wrote: »
    Is that some kind of... cushion for eggs?

Yeah, although it is porcelain. A porcelain egg holder in the shape of a pillow.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Yeah, although it is porcelain. A porcelain egg holder in the shape of a pillow.

For the hens who are used to the finer things in life! I would love to get one for my dad!

I had a lazy but very delicious lunch of half a bagel smothered in spicy salsa and 3 different types of cheese and thrown in the airfryer for 5 mins. Spicy pizza bagel.

photo%204_zpspf9apmqf.jpg

Cauliflower 'rice' with courgette, broccoli, peas. I had prawns. Himself had Quorn chicken-ish stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I had one of the new Aldi 'the bag is a bowl' salads - lovely fresh rocket leaves, Moroccan falafels, lime and ginger dressing, yummy!
    The bag isn't a bowl though.
    So I ate my salad out of a slightly torn bag, with a fork, sitting on the stairs at work like a dirty tramp. Lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

dee_mc wrote: »
    I had one of the new Aldi 'the bag is a bowl' salads - lovely fresh rocket leaves, Moroccan falafels, lime and ginger dressing, yummy!
    The bag isn't a bowl though.
    So I ate my salad out of a slightly torn bag, with a fork, sitting on the stairs at work like a dirty tramp. Lovely!

It took me a few goes to get mine to look like a bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SB_Part2 wrote:
    It took me a few goes to get mine to look like a bag

Educate me please, because my work bag is hefty enough without adding a bowl and I will definitely be trying more of those salads!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Just having scrambled eggs with cheese and fresh herbs from the garden, with a side of wilted Swiss chard (garden as well) with garlic. And a Lidl pretzel.

Looks a mess, but taste amazing :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My kids convinced my mother, that I introduced them to nutella and rasher sambo's.

I'd like to inform everyone that I did no such thing.

But they had 2 each and said they were delicious.

Tried my hand at onigiri. Very tasty. Unfortunately the filling has yet to thaw and I'm starving!

Tried my hand at onigiri. Very tasty. Unfortunately the filling has yet to thaw and I'm starving!

I think next time I'll wrap them in cling and use it to squeeze them really tightly cos it fell apart slightly. Still, I'll probably make up a load of them to freeze for lunches in future.

• Advertisement

Last nights leftover baby potatoes tossed in garlic and chives and roasted. With a salad of raw broccoli, grated carrot, sesame seeds, tomatoes, scallions, baby beetroot and some nutritional yeast.

I had never tried nutritional yeast before. The fact it's a "vegan" cheese replacement, meant I never bothered because I eat cheese. Plus the name is enough to put anyone off. But it was half price when I was shopping a few days ago so I said I'd try it. I'm really impressed tbh, much much lighter than cheese, although I wouldn't say it tastes much like it, it does give a lovely flavour. Plus it's "nutritional" :D

Advertisement