Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

Whole meal pitta bread with lettuce, tomato, sweet corn, egg and mayonnaise - simple but tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Main meal at lunchtime here... Potato boiled in jacket, carrots, mixed sweetheart and savoy cabbage, and lightly cooked whiting all with good Irish butter

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Late breakfast/early lunch of fresh noodles fried in butter and soy sauce, mixed with baked fresh salmon and topped with scallions and poached egg...

39463238820_ea32263b72_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ham, cheese, and scallion potato farls. Mmmm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Simple arepas for late lunch.

IMAG0011.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Home made tomato and red pepper soup with a cheese toastie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

One of my favourite meals!

Scrambled egg and toast. Wasn't great tbh, much prefer poached but was too lazy today.

Toddler managed to put away 4 eggs. I'm usually forcing food on him.

My fav too.
    Basically deconstructed pizza :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Rashers with rocket, red onion, mixed tomatoes and the little sweet chilli beetroot from Aldi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sweet potato salad with olives and feta. I added lots of garlic & onion when I was roasting the sweet potato, and also threw in half a lemon to squeeze over when it was done.

IMG_4290.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had an unexpectedly delicious lunch.

Started out as just fried potatoes as there were steamed potatoes left over.
    I just roughly chopped them and put them in a pan with some butter and oil. I then decided to sprinkle some espalette chilli flakes on it. That reminded me that we had some kim chee in the fridge. I then remembered that Mrs. Beer was sprouting some green lentils.

So, slightly spicy fried potatoes, kim chee and a bunch of lentil sprouts.
    Maybe an odd combination but it was plate licking good!!

Edit, forgot that I added a couple of chopped spring onions to the spuds after frying.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

A brown rice, lentil, cucumber and carrot salad. Also a boiled egg!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Shakshouka and crusty bread and plenty of coffee for brunch...

27210223337_f98f0f23a2_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Brunch in The Baths at Clontarf today. Been wanting to try the Coddle Pizza since I heard about it in the pre-opening publicity.

Very tasty, drizzled with loads of chilli oil that was just not spicy. :(

3_DB2333_D-_D8_BF-4_DC2-_B3_AF-05_C301731_D54.jpg

Brunch in The Baths at Clontarf today.

What's it like? I spent my childhood summers swimming there and I'm hoping they haven't made it too uppity :pac:

What's it like? I spent my childhood summers swimming there and I'm hoping they haven't made it too uppity :pac:

Used to walk by all the time when it was a ruin. Mrs G! was not impressed with the conversion, they blocked the great view with partitions in half the place. I thought the toilets were cool though, in beach huts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Working long hours yesterday and today, so I brought lunches and dinners to work (the company does actually provide food for these days where there are many of us working really late, but it's usually overcooked and underseasoned, so I've decided that I prefer being known as a picky eater who brings her own food rather than, you know, eat the free stuff).

Yesterday, it was halloumi, asparagus and baby potatoes for lunch and a black bean burrito with side salad for dinner.

Today, I had Imam Bayildi (slow cooked aubergine with tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic) with couscous and some crumbled feta for lunch, and I've got a roasted vegetable frittata and salad for dinner.

I'm not brave enough to take pictures of my food at work, though. Being known as a picky eater is one thing, but a picky eater who takes pictures of her food....

Brown soda bread with ham, cheese, mixed tomatoes and pickled cucumber & onion.

IMG_4485.jpg

Shenshen wrote: »
    Yesterday, it was halloumi, asparagus and baby potatoes for lunch and a black bean burrito with side salad for dinner.

Today, I had Imam Bayildi (slow cooked aubergine with tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic) with couscous and some crumbled feta for lunch, and I've got a roasted vegetable frittata and salad for dinner.

Now, that is my kind of food!
    Must try making the Imam Bayildi, sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Ham and cheese sambo and a wagon wheel with a cup a tae.

• Advertisement

Omelette of potato, green beans and yellow pepper, tomato and cheese, with chili mayo, red jalapeno and lots of leaves,

Lunch.jpg

Honey mustard chicken and veg yesterday and today.

I decided to try meal prep from Tasty, and while it tastes very good either their pans are massive or their Tupperware is tiny because what looked like the same amount of veg going in (though I did substitute) wouldn’t feed a mouse coming out, so I only got 2 days out of it rather than 4. If I were doing it again I’d shred the chicken (2 breasts wouldn’t do 4 lunches unless they were massive) and do twice as much veg.

Sausages fried on the camping stove at Powerscourt Waterfall. We had them on Brennan's sliced pan with caramelised onions, ketchup and American mustard. It was glorious :)

Prawn and avocado salad with cherry tomatoes, butterhead lettuce, diced cucumber and marie rose sauce. Followed by strawberries and Greek yogurt. Yum!

Ham & cheese toasted bagel with spicy coleslaw and rocket

676_DC19_A-1_ADB-43_C7-_B5_D3-8204_AC1_E570_C.jpg

Salmon and salad for lunch

IMAG0108.jpg

Flatbread, emmenthal, John West tuna and tomato, lettuce, ketchup, gherkins. Nom

Chicken breast, cherry tomato, lettuce, carrot, and brown rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very simple as a little off..

Baby new potatoes, with butter, carrots, and the rest of a chicken and ham pie... Delicious..

• Advertisement

2 little low GI rolls from Lidl. One with butter, ham and cheese, and another with mayo, salad greens, onions and roast beef. Iced coffee on the side.

Advertisement