Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ostrich & fig stew with rösti from the work restaurant today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

chicken soup and toast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Ostrich & fig stew with rösti from the work restaurant today.

Show off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Spiced vegetable stroudle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I had some lovely pasta with yummy pesto made bright and early this morning! :)

Making my lunch for tomorrow now....pizza slices! :P NOM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Paths were very icy around work yesterday so I got a take away sandwich from a nearby cafe. The homemade potato salad was horrible. However the homemade mince pies were yum.

Off today and have no idea what to have. Have to hit the shop I think.

Homemade beef stir-fry will be lunch/early dinner today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm having mac and cheese. I'm limited by what I have in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I'm house bound with a miserable bug so had to try and throw something together from the back of the fridge as I haven't been able to do a shop all week. I managed to do pumpkin and potato rosti fried in butter with sage, masses of garlic and topped with loads of caramelized onions and some garlic and herb gouda. Very random but delicious. Definately going shopping tomorrow though! :)

I had a roast hog baguette...which looked similar to this:

glasto2.jpg?w=480&h=320

Om nom nom :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mozzarella Pizza

Cully & Sully Chicken & Veg soup with bread & tea.

Perfect for this cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Snowed in. Had some pea soup (peas, courgette, celery, potato, garam masala, chilli) topped with sour cream and some fried chorio slices (all from the freezer / fridge).

Was yummmm.

Tomorrow will be pea soup (lots of pea soup in the freezer) topped with tortillas and grilled cheese. Could be yuk or yum.

2 pieces of my sugar-free chocolate-coconut fudge and a cup of tea. Nothing like some chunks of saturated fat to quell your appetite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I had a toasted bagel with nutella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Chicken curry again, but this time made with chicken thighs after hearing Nigella Lawson going on about them.

It wasn't the same.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Qwert1

A hang sangwidge and tae

I had two pancakes and tea for my lunch...which was really like my breakfast!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    2 pieces of my sugar-free chocolate-coconut fudge and a cup of tea. Nothing like some chunks of saturated fat to quell your appetite :D

Hi Sapsorrow, I'm sorry if you've been asked this before but do you have a recipe for this? Sounds yum!! In return I will post this fabulous recipe that I saw on Nigel Slater's tv show - very good for us primal ladies and absolutely delicious!!

Cheese & thyme puddings

Ingredients
    a little butter
    135g/4¼oz freshly grated parmesan
    4 large free-range eggs
    300g/10½oz leftover cheese, grated
    100ml/3½fl oz double cream
    a tablespoon of chopped herbs (thyme, chives or tarragon are good here)
    salt and black pepper

Method
    • Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
    • Lightly butter three shallow ovenproof bowls or ramekins and dust them with a little of the grated parmesan.
    • Separate the eggs, putting the whites into a bowl big enough to whisk them in.
    • Mash the leftover cheese into the egg yolks, then stir in the cream, chopped herbs and a seasoning of black pepper and a very little salt.
    • Whisk the egg whites until they are almost stiff, then fold them firmly but gently into the cheese mixture, using a large metal spoon. Lastly, fold in all but a couple of spoonfuls of the remaining grated parmesan.
    • Divide the mixture among the three buttered bowls. Scatter over the remaining parmesan, put the dishes onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly risen and creamy inside.
    • Serve immediately whilst the puddings are still puffed and golden

I wonder if these would be good the next day too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

1z4kgvk.jpg

Fresh baked ciabatta, toasted and rubbed with olive oil. Smeared with basil pesto and sprinkled with parmesan. Topped with a home-made salsa of tomato, onion, yellow peppers and red pimento peppers. Topped with mozzarella and black pepper, and popped in the oven for a few minutes. Takes 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Cooked myself rasher and sausages and made a sandwich with red sauce butter and a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I had some mini hash browns baked in the oven and then put them on a sandwich with a nice strong cup of tea :D

Kimia wrote: »
    Hi Sapsorrow, I'm sorry if you've been asked this before but do you have a recipe for this? Sounds yum!! In return I will post this fabulous recipe that I saw on Nigel Slater's tv show - very good for us primal ladies and absolutely delicious!!

Lol I don't know the exacts as I threw it together in a fit of the munchies but it was roughly along these lines;

Melt on a low heat: 4 heaped tbs crunchy peanut butter, 3-4 heaped tbs coconut oil, 150g 85% or high % dark chocolate, a tsp+ of stevia. Then add a cup or two of toasted chopped almonds. Pour it into a tray lined with greaseproof paper and chill in the fridge until solid. You could add any nuts you like though, it's a basic idea that I like to play around with depending on what's in the cupboard. I vary the quantities of the fats and it still always firms up. Toasted coconut flakes, butter and cocoa powder are lovely in it too.

My brunch today: coconut flour + rose water pancakes with strawberries, greek yoghurt, flaked almonds and 85% dark chocolate and streaky bacon on the side.

Hash Browns, scrambled egg and rashers and tea. Cookies from the local bakery for after. :D

Sunday lunch's are proving to be far the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Had bowl of red pepper and butternut squash soup that herself made from scratch yesterday, lovely in this weather!!

Having Springbok steak later for my dinner! Never had it before but seen it in freezer in Lidl and said why not, could be lovely or i could be looking for the chinese menu!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A huge bowl of home made chicken soup and brown bread.

I had two yummy sausage rolls from Centra on the way into work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Potato & garlic soup with brown bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Beans on toast, after staying in the crib until after 2.

:D

Advertisement