Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Avocado, asparagus, grated carrot, tomato salad. Balsamic chilli dressing. Hopefully I'm not hungry later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No pic but had a small bit of leftover shepherds pie, buttered fitzgeralds multiseed bagel and half a tin of beans 😂 delicious!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Karipap: Malaysian pastry 😋

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

A couple of the individually sealed St Pierre pain au chocolates done in the oven.

They were 2 months out of date but seemed fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

No actually, it was the bushy park market. I must try out the farmleigh one sometime though!

I was at the airfield one recently and got a GIANT cookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭sporina

couple of slices of home made brown soda bread would go fab with that

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Roast cauliflower, couscous and a delicious beetroot and rhubarb type of relish. All from the work canteen. The cauliflower could have done with some seasoning but all in all very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

In a multinational company in Munster. I'd rather not be more specific than that.

Snacking on some smoked anchovies (yum!) on toast with hot sauce for a very late lunch.

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Perfect Sunday lunch in this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I had a bowl of the roasted vegetable soup I made yesterday that was gently spiced with coriander seeds and chilli powder. Had it with a couple of home made chilli and cheese dumplings and a dollop of sour cream.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Intrigued about the dumplings. Do you have a recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Sure :)

200g self raising flour

25g butter

75g extra mature cheddar, grated.

1tsp baking powder

Half a tsp each of cumin, chilli powder, sweet paprika and oregano.

100ml full fat milk.

Put dry ingredients in food processor and season with salt and pepper. Add butter and blitz to a crumb then tip into a mixing bowl. Add cheese, mixing it through with a butter knife. Add milk and bring together gently. Cut to size and add to soup or stew with a lid on to cook.

If I'm doing plain cheese dumplings then i replace the chilli flavours with 1tsp of English mustard powder.

Hope you enjoy them :)

I felt the need for comfort food today, so I warmed up some tinned tomato soup, added fresh coriander (cause everything is better with fresh coriander!) and make a toasted ham and cheese sandwich for dippin'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No pic, but I had one of my cheesy specials. Nothing special about the ingredients but its one egg (important, if you put in more you just get a feeble omelette) a good handful of grated cheese (quite a bit of cheese, more cheese than egg) and a grind of black pepper. Mix ingredients together then drop onto a hot pan with a bit of oil, fry quickly then turn over and do the other side. Very cheesy with crispy edges. Yum.

Market day!

Sausage in a roll with ketchup and crispy onions, and churros tossed in sugar, with a side of Nutella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

That was marlay park. There was only a handful of stalls yesterday for some reason, but it was enough for a decent lunch and desert!

We also went to Corkagh park for the first time on Saturday. We had a bit of a market weekend 🙈 They were doing a "viking picnic" and there were looooads of stalls! Food, nicnacs and viking themed 😂 We got waffles and watched a viking battle 🤭

Leftover roast beef sandwich.

Went to a place called Sonny’s deli in Cork city today and got the most divine sandwich, sausage roll and mini donuts. Could only eat half of the sandwich and sausage roll so will have the rest for dinner! It’s a gem of a place, would highly recommend. You can preorder online for click and collect, which is what I did. Stuff sells out very fast. They do hot dish of the day too, usually a curry I think.

I love Sonny's, but I find their sandwiches a bit too heavy on the bread/filling ratio. Their soups were great, a pity that they have stopped doing them for the summer. I loved their ribollita.

Camping with the Scouts at the moment (leader in case that's not apparent). Ham turkey and cheese toastie or as close as I could get over a fire. Good cheese melt on the outside, alas not as much toward the centre. Hit the spot though.

I was feeling lazy, so made up one if those instant packets of pasta. It was looking a bit bland though, so I jazzed it up with a bit of tomato and fresh basil. It actually made a huge difference to the presentation and taste!

This was brunch really, but did me for lunch obviously - was so good! And the setting 😍😍 Gabriel House on Summerhill North, Cork City.

Fennel, apple, parmesan. Added walnuts after. Simple lemon/oil dressing.

• Advertisement

Advertisement