Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account issue at site Usenet.nl

Options
  • 22-09-2010 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Heya just to let you all know incase you ever would think of signing up with them.
    This site offers a 14-day trial which you have 7 days to cancel,Although their Confirmation of the terms clearly states in #4 that Right of withdrawal: I can cancel my contract within 7 days without giving any reason by using the support form or online in the member area.But the password and username the send dont grant accses to those area they just dont work so im unable to cancel.For the withdrawal to be effective the termination must be sent within the cancelation period.

They ask for card details or paypal's during the sign up.Lets assume i gave a 3v voucher with about a euro left on it ;) They apparantly then charge 99euro afther 14 days.So i think i'll be getting onto 3v about them anyway just to be extra safe.Also i read someones complaints and they said asked the following
    I must admit they are scam. How can I remove my account from their website? I don’t want any of my information remained in that website. I just want to get rid of it.” .I feel the same as that person so any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

not really a security issue. more of a consumer issue so I'm moving this thread to that forum. also, it may not be a scam so I'm editing the thread title.

have you tried contacting them? Are there contact details on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But the password and username the send dont grant accses to those area they just dont work so im unable to cancel.

Those are most likely your usenet account details, the ones the software will use to log you in to the usenet server.

https://www.usenet.nl/UNF/ENG/register1.cfm
    This link seems to be what you need to register for the members area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 browniebear

I also tried this 14 days trial a few month ago and it worked fine for me. I think you mixed up two things. If I remember correctly you get a password for the software and another for the web access. And of course you can cancel during the 2 weeks trial - if that would be wrong I had to pay until today. And if you have problems accessing their site, just call them or write an email - what's the problem. If you don't do that you'll simply have a paid account after 14 days and they will charge you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bertie Burn

Heya loLth and everyone else,
    No loLth but like i said i was reading other complaints and its been perceived by those folks as a scam.And the dont seem to have an email instead they have an online programed customer service thats absolute rubbish imo.

"I think you mixed up two things. If I remember correctly you get a password for the software and another for the web access."Nope didn't mix anything up .If you don't do that you'll simply have a paid account after 14 days and they will charge you. wink.gif Did you not read something i wrote earlier :rolleyes: how can this crowd charge me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tineee

@browniebear

i also have this problem in usenet.nl.. i cannot cancel my account and i really really want to cancel it. but they didn't get my information about that paypal thing because i don't have that and now i want to cancel my account but i cannot do that because i have to verify my account first. i didn't provide the paypal information in the first place so how would i verify the account? and how will i cancel my account if i cannot verify the account? i cannot contact them through call because i'm from the philippines and long distance calls are very expensive here. can you please help?

• Advertisement

@bertieburn

did you cancel your account already? what did you do?
    please help.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 browniebear

@tineee: Perhaps you can write them a message via this link:

It's their support form.

thank you very much. i was also looking for the support form before but i could not find it. again thank you :)

Advertisement