Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Dude, you _have_ no Qu'ran"

• 22-09-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

No mention of Jacob Isom yet? :)

http://colorlines.com/archives/2010/09/protestor_to_texas_pastor_dude_you_have_no_quran.html
    Move over Antoine Dodson, there’s a new Internet sensation in town. It’s Jacob Isom, a 23-year-old skateboarder based in Armarillo, Texas, and he’s become Web famous after single-handedly stopping a Quran burning last weekend. How did he do it? He simply swiped the gasoline-soaked Quran from a militant Christian protestor, and took off on his skateboard.

While the act was surely admirable, Isom really got people’s attention when an interview he did with a local TV station on the incident went viral. In the video, the hipster-looking hero says he told militant pastor David Grisham, “Dude, you have no Quran!” and “took off.”

Grisham is the director of Repent Armarillo, a staunchly conservative group that crusades against non-Chistians, gays, and promiscuity. Apparently he was determined to pick up where Florida pastor Terry Jones had left off after finally succumbing to public pressure to cancel his widely publicized Quran burning. And when Grisham’s not busy threatening to burn holy texts, he’s got a day job as a security guard at a nuclear bomb facility.

After his encounter with Isom, Grisham left the park while protestors cheered. As for the Quran? Isom gave it to a local imam.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

At least they spelled "Qur'an" with a "Q". :)

I see that this video has over three quarters of a million views on the various places it appears on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FriarMo

“Everybody tries to justify it by you know: They burn our Bibles and our flags why don’t I burn their Quran. Well that’s what happens in other countries not here and once we start burning people’s holy books people are just gonna get mad and I just don’t wanna be around mad people. Its really basically my only reason for wanting to go there and stop it.” Jacob Isom

God love him, sure wouldn’t we all be better off not being around “mad” people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

is stealing cool in islam ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

lol Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

His skateboard eBay auction is now at €275, 4 days to go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jacob-Isoms-Skateboard-/120625985946

• Advertisement
Advertisement