Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RDFRA VFM Submission

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

it says:

1. give the RDF a role.

2. give the RDF a yardstick by which its ability to perform that role can be measured.

3. kick OC's up the arse so they get rid of the wheezey fat boys with a note from matron, and give them a kick up the arse so they become the man who says 'yes', rather than being the man who says 'no'.

4. get rid of current cadre, make promotion in the PDF dependant on having a good cadre tour - see point 2.

5. pay RDF soldiers so they can take part in weekend training, rather than having to work in Tescos to pay for college.

its all very good, but it seems to want political action - and cash (re-used savings, rather than 'new' money admittedly) neither of which are particularly likely...

its a reasonaly well written document that tells a story and comes to a conclusion - it could be better, but, tbh, i don't think any document, however well written, will have any effect whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I haven't delved into the particulars, however, from the "what's wrong with the RDF" section it seems pretty honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I'm sure we could all of summed it up in a few points. Must say thought that was far more informed and in touch than I thought it would be. My 2c's:

IT's and ARP as a must or classed as non-effective if second attempt is failed. Anyone over 6 months non-effective with-out being excused by the CO is bin bagged.

Minimum amount of parade night's to be met each year.

Severely audit the current crop of cadre. The bad eggs who are just free-loading till they get their ticket are giving the hard working heros that do their best to try drag the RDF up to standard, a bad name.

I don't agree with more paid man days. There are plenty of lads out there that would give their left arm for a course and do it voluntarily. If they exceeded their paid man days allotment.

Effective PDF cadre from parent unit brought in and an extensive "train the trainer" and upskilling done.

Advertisement