Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Counter

• 22-09-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

New to Android and was wondering how accurate the Data Counter apps are? I'm convinced I'm going to go over my allowance from apps downloading stuff in the background so I installed a Data Counter app to keep track. I checked earlier and it wasn't even at 1MB. I had to restart my phone and when I did the Data Counter was now at 11MB. I check again to make sure it wasn't seeing things and 30 seconds later it was at 12MB. I hadn't connected to anything in that time.

Is a Data Counter an accurate way to judge usage?

Ergo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Haven't used one in a while but seem to remember a refresh setting, is there one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

JustinOval wrote: »
    Haven't used one in a while but seem to remember a refresh setting, is there one?

It doesn't have a refresh button but I checked and it's set to update itself every 5 minutes.

The reason I'm worried is I had a Blackberry before and, on average, I used about 2 - 3 MB. To have used 11MB already today isn't huge but I've barely used the phone. I'm just worreid I'm going to fly through my allowance if I'm using it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

What data plan do you have? I used to use 3G watchdog until I realised I was going nowhere near my allowance limit, try it for a week or so of regular usage and decide for yourself if you really do need one.
    You can log in to your operators website and compare readings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I use 3G Watchdog all the time and it seems very accurate. http://www.appbrain.com/app/net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog

Also if you are with Meteor or O2 you can use this great little Irish developed app http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.miconico.mobInfo2
    It checks your balance from your web account and I even asked the developer last week if they had plans to allow it to move to the SD card on Froyo and within 24hrs they did it - now thats support
    Its great and if you use it give them a good comments and reviews in the market as the more Irish developed stuff we have the better:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i use 3g watchdog too. seems accurate so far. make sure you setup the refresh interval in the settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement