Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Event Photography Printer Suggestions

• 22-09-2010 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi people.

Has anybody got suggestions for a good quality photography printer that can be brought to events, like weddings, party nights, presentation nights etc, and can give prints of 6 x 4 and 5 x 7 good quality prints?

All suggestions welcome, thanks.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

misubishi is the way to go

have a look at systeminsight or photomart in the uk

the other thing to consider is a kiosk type thing to make life easier handling the prints etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

As above, mitsubishi have a great range, quite affordable considering the prices of others and great print quality. The only thing that deters me now is the gloss formate, the paper sticks to glass after a time so you would want to be also putting the shots in mounts if you are to go for gloss finish. I havent seen the matt finish so cant comment on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

every shot should go in a mount, prints should never be against the glass

sony are the only ones who do a matt finish dyesub as far as i am aware

the cost per print i think is higher though

recently i installed a fuji ask into a visitor centre, that produces very nice prints it did up to 6*9 i think too

i got that from sheldon photographic in airside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

The mitsu I used had a matt option too, I just never bought it. That printer is no longer for sale but Im sure the newer version has the matt also, I would be interested in hearing what the finish is like. The kodak one I had also had matt finish but to be honest that was absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Reccomend the Mitsubishi CPW range, used them and they produce fantastic prints, heavy beast though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Sorry don't mean to hijack the post but what sort of price are these printers say printing a 7x5 and what sort of range does a print work out at?

Advertisement