Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk IMC Cinema?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

The IMC seem to have a lot of operatic and theatre driven things listed in their coming soon section.

Was just wondering if someone could tell me anything about this.
    Seems quite unusual, considering the main stream tripe that they usually have on show there.

Comments

If you go to www.imccinemas.ie, and go to the Dundalk section, at the right of the page there is a list of upcoming films with information.

For example, there is to be a showing of Les Miserables at some stage and it's listed there, so it may have what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Yes, the operas are way out of sync with their usual kids fare, its so disappointing that a 7 screen cinema hardly ever gets in films for people who arent teenagers, surely even 1 film for 2 nights on 1 screen would pay its way, its a pity the Dundalk film club seems to have bitten the dust too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

i toyed with the idea recently of taking over the lease of dunnes stores in park street and converting it into a 2 screen cinema.... a real grand affair of a place, open 24 hours. with old style comfy seats like the savoy in dublin and selling old style cinema grub.... like ice cream in tubs and the like (not bloody nachos! :rolleyes:)

the plan was to show non-blockbusters... i.e. new & old indie films, local and homegrown movies, quality classics, top class foreign language films, some deserving oscar winners and just general good films.

unfortunately due to other oppurtunities and commitments it never transpired. I'd love to see someone else do it... it sickens me to death to see the absolute tripe they be showing week on week in imc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I've gone to the IMC pretty much every week to watch a film for the past couple of years.
    Still waiting to see a truly good film though.

Really wish they would get on the bandwagon of showing good old films, at least one night a week.

Advertisement