Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor-Sony Phone- Warranty Not Being Honored ?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

My daughters phone is having some problems , the mic is not working and when she tries to charge it a msg comes up saying " stop charging immediately and contact sony ericsson " .

I took the phone back to meteor and they said it was still under warranty and they would send it away and it should be back in a week . Two weeks later when I hadn't heard anything from them I went in to inquire . The girls in there said that the company that repairs the phone wanted €60 to repair cosmetic damage to the front of the phone . Their policy is to repair all the phone and this damage would not be covered by the warranty .

The thing is , that damage has been on the phone for ages and has had no impact on the phone actually working and we neither want or need that part of the phone repaired .

They are now saying that if we don't pay them to repair that part of the phone that they will send the phone back without repairing the mic and charging .

Should I just accept this or what should/could I do next or who would I ask ?

any help or advice appreciated

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should not accept it, no.

Write a letter to Meteor head office, and ask them to explain to you how they think charging to repair trivial cosmetic damage is in anyway related to a warranty or statutory rights issue. The cosmetic damage is irrelevant, and has nothing to do with the repair of a faulty microphone or battery. Tell Meteor to have the phone repaired and back to you within 7 days, or you will take the matter further.

Do also contact the NCA, and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is there any way of proving that that bit of damage didn't later lead to the phone not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

greetings wrote: »
    Is there any way of proving that that bit of damage didn't later lead to the phone not working?

no...other than it happened a long time ago and the phone worked away for months without any problems , at the same time they have offered no proof that it is in any way connected ........... they haven't even mentioned that they might be connected .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they are pulling a fast one to try get money from you for changing the cover on the phone which may cost them €10 at most but they charge you €60, wear and tear is normal on all phones and should not interfere with any warrenty repair! get your phone back and bring it to the fonemenders yourself but it has probably been flagged now as needing this cosmetic repair?

Advertisement