Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n900 wrecking my head!

Options
  • 22-09-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I bought a nokia N900 on a vodafone bill upgrade about 8 months ago and it worked fine for about 4 months then the processor stopped workin inside it and it had to be sent off, this took about a month in total to get my phone back, everything worked fine for around 2 months then the touchscreen started acting up and worked when it wanted to! This eventually dissapeared and a few days ago it stopped working altogether and now has to sent off again, presumably this will take a month aswell! I asked the guy instore if it was possible to get an iphone 4 instead because the N900 was such an unreliable phone and he very uninformatively told me that I had to wait for my upgrade in Febuary to do anything! He also said I would need the receipt from my online purchase(which was eight months ago) to prove that I actually bought the phone with vodafone which I DIDNT need last time this piece of junk broke down on me. I would'nt mind if this phone was cheap but I paid around €500 euros for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tell him that if its not fixed permanently when you get it back this time, you are taken nothing less then a replacement handset. You are entitled to it if the same fault develops three times. Get this message across to him loud and clear or they will try to fob you off

• Registered Users Posts: 9 walsh247

ya the guy instore said that too but told me it would be the same model, if the n900 is so crappy why would i want a new one i told him, he told me there is no way vodafone will replace it for something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

think you've just been unlucky with a dodgy handset. I've not heard of the N900 being an unreliable phone in that regard, actually on the contrary I've read a lot about it's sturdy build and excellent design.

No doubt your frustrated, rightly so, but I think you should demand a new replacement handset from them rather than them fixing what you already have.

Advertisement