Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel market

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Sounds interesting. I didnt even know there was one in Clonmel until now. Will go this sunday. Is there not a daily market anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Markets can't improve/take off unless people come out and visit them! It's just a short spin out from town centre, come have a peek. At least come and grab some tasty treats!
    As a plug, The Boho Kitchen will be there with cookies, brownies, cupcakes and other American style treats :)

It's in a great space and it would be lovely to see it take off.

They even has a bus service from town if you don't drive!
    http://www.clonmelmarket.com/ has the schedules.

See you Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Sounds cool, will give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Market on this Sunday 11am-4pm come on out! Foods and crafts + carboot, a nice day out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Every known car boot sale in the country is listed in the Collectibles & Antiques Forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055759737

or here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

The lady running Clonmel market has put 100% time and effort into getting the market established, its a tough job to get any business off the ground these days,
    On sunday the 27th March, there is a food fare down there, its going to be the best day so far, loads of traders are going, entertainment for the kids is supplied in the form of cookery lessons and a bouncy castle, not sure but I think face painting might be on offer also.
    I will be there for the first time with my business but I will not mention what it is as I am just making this post to praise the hard work and commitment that's been put into making the market work.
    So I say to anyone in Clonmel, come along this Sunday and help support local business.
    If any one approaches me and asks me am I DirtyDiesel then i'll shake your hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

With a username like that,I aint shaking your hand;).......All the best to the market..........

DT100 wrote: »
    With a username like that,I aint shaking your hand;).......All the best to the market..........

I always have clean hands at the weekends:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

If any one approaches me and asks me am I DirtyDiesel then i'll shake your hand!

Interesting...will have to do some detective work to work out who you are :D
    Any freebies on offer, just a handshake :pac:

As you say, the Craft & Food Fair at Clonmel Market this coming Sunday is shaping up to be a brilliant day out!

I'll also be trading there this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it :)

Interesting...will have to do some detective work to work out who you are :D
    Any freebies on offer, just a handshake :pac:

As you say, the Craft & Food Fair at Clonmel Market this coming Sunday is shaping up to be a brilliant day out!

I'll also be trading there this weekend and I'm really looking forward to it :)

I will make it easier for you, My business there on Sunday is to do with entertainment, not food!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 delboyyoughal

lyndak082 wrote: »
    have any of ye been there? its really cool, i bought soem lovely stuff down there a few weeks ago. i got a lovely little teddy for a euro for my daughter, it was brand new!! also had a cupcake that was absolutely to die for!!

i was so glad to see that it wasnt your usual carboot full of junk. anyone else been there? what did ye think?
    does anyone know how 2 contact the organisors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

From their website
    Welcome to the Clonmel Market. An indoor market and indoor and outdoor Car Boot Sale. Open every Sunday 11am - 4pm @ Dudleys Mills. Call 052-6184444

pooch90 wrote: »
    From their website

Which was contained in my post #36 further up the page - is there any point in posting if people can't be bothered to read what's posted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it really is on life support. The muffin stand was gone which was a pity because that was what I was looking for. There were 5 possibly 6 stands mainly stocking a few old DVDs and books.

It's a great idea but it is just that little bit out of the way and the road being closed recently certainly did not help. They really need to get some of the people at the Saturday Market in the town centre to come to it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 delboyyoughal

:rolleyes:
    pooch90 wrote: »
    From their website
    cheers 4 that ,pooch,will travel there soon,hopefulluy
    are there any sites listing all carboot,markets,small festivals,etc.,especially weekdays and evenings?

:rolleyes:
    cheers 4 that ,pooch,will travel there soon,hopefulluy
    are there any sites listing all carboot,markets,small festivals,etc.,especially weekdays and evenings?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71061876&postcount=36

Festivals are a different type of event and you won't find them lumped in with car boot sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curtainpoles

Was there myself last sunday and the previous. its looking a lot better stallwise but according to a trader last sunday, the footfall isnt good. there was a few customers around when i was there but a lot of the regualr stalls have moved on, which in my opinion isnt a good sign. id say it wont last its in a bad spot I mean you wouldnt walk there!!

Fethard on the other hand is looking good I hear despite the bad weather its thriving away.

Advertisement