Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home shopping

Options
  • 22-09-2010 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

im just wondering if anyone in tipp would be interested or think that a mobile shop that comes to your house would be a good idea? you would have to make an appointment. would the people of tipperary go for it do ye think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 neddy_seagoon

I don't know if it'd be financially viable by itself.

I live in a village near Limerick city with two small supermarkets and both (I think) do home deliveries, as does the green-grocer. Plus SuperQuinn and Tescos in Limerick both deliver to our area, so there wouldn't be much call for a mobile shop around here.

If you're in a more rural/isolated area it might make sense financially for you to investigate doing a deal with an existing supermarket/shop to introduce a delivery service.

I don't know where you live but ultimately the best thing to do would be a little market research - ask your neighbours if they'd be interested in such a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I'm not sure if it would work. I'm living in a small village in South Tipp. I already have a mobile butcher calling on a weekly basis. There's a fruit and veg van that also calls weekly but I found them too expensive. A milk delivery service has recently commenced whereby milk is delivered every second day and payment collected on a weekly basis. As recently as last week, there's a man that calls selling bags of kindling for the fire.

Having said that, my father has been saying for some times that the idea of a mobile shop is a really good one which he thinks would be successful but I think this stems from the fact that his family had one call to them when he was young (50+ years ago) but at that time most people didn't have the luxury of hopping into their car to pop to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

ok guys i probably should have been a little bit more specific, its a clothes shop!

now what do ye think? should i do appointments or go door to door?

Advertisement