Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genshiken Returns

Options
  • 22-09-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭

A continuation of the Genshiken manga has been announced, covering Ogiue’s reign over the club. “Genshiken Nidaime” will feature most of the old cast, including the now club president Chika Ogiue.
    77637468xgenshikenii.jpg

The manga will be serialized in Monthly Afternoon magazine starting November – however, the serialisation is described as being “revived for a limited period,” suggesting it will run for a short period rather than be a general restart.

Earlier in the year the same magazine ran some Genshiken short stories, apparently so well received as to prompt a longer continuation.

The mangaka responsible, Shimoku Kio, appears to be between titles with his last manga having sunk like a stone – restarting Genshiken may be a tempting prospect, so just whether this will be a strictly limited run or something with the potential to relaunch the series remains to be seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Oh man that's awesome. One of my favourite series coming back and centering on my favourite character... Got one of the novels there at nom-con was a decent read.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Well now I'll happily eat my words I previously said in another thread regarding Genshikan. This is good news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Well now I'll happily eat my words I previously said in another thread regarding Genshikan. This is good news indeed.
    Monkeyto wrote: »
    TBH I don't think it is very likely. The manga ends soon after the 2nd series of Genshiken and don't think there's really any material for it.

This is about the Manga and not the Anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Still. I didn't think that even the manga would get new material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

This is good news. I just flailed like a twelve year old twilight fangirl. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Genshiken has return today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 57 (they counted the epilogue one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Thank goodnes, die'ing for this to comeback!

Advertisement