Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to buy a new digital Camera

• 22-09-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

My Sony DSH-2 broke so we are looking to buy a new one. Just for recreational purposes and mainly to take photos of our kids. Willing to spend up to 300 euro. Apart from the megapixels I don't even know what I should look for in a camera. I just want good quality photos...not too bothered about videa as we have a view cam.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

all comes down to what you want to use it for - do you plan on learning about photography ie. aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc etc ...or do you just want a digital camera to take pics when you need it to.

if you only want a Point and shoot camera to take pics whenever you need I would suggest Panasonic Lumix range - if you plan on learning a bit or playing around with settings - I would suggest Canon Powershot G10 or G11 (secondhand would be around the 300ish mark - if yer lucky) or Nikon Coolpix range.

Sony also do a number of decent point and shoot ..... if you are interested Casio have a camera that can do 60frames per second - if you are doing high speed photos., theres loads of manufacturers to choose from fujifilm are another reputable brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

PCPhoto wrote: »
    all comes down to what you want to use it for - do you plan on learning about photography ie. aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc etc ...or do you just want a digital camera to take pics when you need it to.

if you only want a Point and shoot camera to take pics whenever you need I would suggest Panasonic Lumix range - if you plan on learning a bit or playing around with settings - I would suggest Canon Powershot G10 or G11 (secondhand would be around the 300ish mark - if yer lucky) or Nikon Coolpix range.

Sony also do a number of decent point and shoot ..... if you are interested Casio have a camera that can do 60frames per second - if you are doing high speed photos., theres loads of manufacturers to choose from fujifilm are another reputable brand.

Actually, if someone wants a premium level PAS and wants the maximum control over settings, the Panasonic Lumix LX-5 is, to my experience, hands down the winner.

Just got mine and it's deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Megapixels are probably the single least important factor to consider when buying a camera like this. The only thing a high megapixel count will bring you is lots of image noise and pointlessly larger files.

Read this and read the sticky.

Advertisement