Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lytebox...help

Options
  • 22-09-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hello all you web designers!

I'm a wannabe web designer ( I do graphic design like LOGO's and print documents) but am working kinda hard at webdesign now, cause it was always my weak spot....

anyhow, I was wondering if someone can help me with my lytebox application.

I'm designing a webpage for a friends jewellery business and i'm using lytebox for the displays of jewellery. It works and shows the jewellery, however, i'm having issues with seeing the close button and previous/next buttons. They work, the buttons, but they are invisible(they
    don't show up on the page)
    I checked over and over again the code and it seems to be fine. Everything in the js file seems to be true, so i'm quessing it has to be the css that is coded wrong?

This is what I am not sure about.
    If you know what is happening, can you help me?

Thanks!

I can upload the unfinished page if you want...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

In most cases the back/forward and close buttons are images part of the project.
    Have you got them in your website and linked with your html/css?

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah, its probably the location of the images as per CSS that's not correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

Actually I figured it out, it's an issue with the code itself and the type of web browser i'm using.

I had to type some extra text at the top of the html page, above the head tag in order for prev/next and close button to work properly in ex 8.

It work fine in firefox and very fast, ex8, a different story..

but thanks for the replies.. I thought it wasn't linking right, but it's just a browser issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

thats strange
    But if its an issue with the cross-broswer make sure to check it in IE7 as well as IE8

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

We'll I've read before that the code isn't able to work to par on IE8 but works on IE7.

So I put this bit of code above the head tag in order to make it work:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7">

What do you think?

It's works anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement