Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open Office Writer Problems

• 22-09-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Open Office users, I need your help.

My work computer doesn't have MS Office so I've got OpenOffice. When typing up simple documents in OpenOffice Writer I'm having terrible problems with bulleting.

I type the doc, save it as a .rtf (as recommended by our I.T. guy) as I go along and close the document when I'm finished. Every time I open the doc again the bulleting is all over the place - bullet points gone and even some words missing and cursor font size changed.

I am tearing my hear out with this as I'm wasting so much time re-doing work that I've done several times. I'm not opening older versions or anything because I've 'replaced the existing file' with exactly how I want things laid out.

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

I type the doc, save it as a .rtf (as recommended by our I.T. guy) as I go along and close the document when I'm finished. Every time I open the doc again the bulleting is all over the place - bullet points gone and even some words missing and cursor font size changed

Go now to your IT guy and give him a firm kick! Saving as RTF is exactly what's going to lose you a lot of formatting.

If others (particularly those with MS Office) will ever need to read or work on the documents then set your default file format in OpenOffice to 'Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP' as follows :

Tools > Options > Load/Save > General

While you're at it you want change the default spreadsheets (change to 'Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP') & presentations (change to 'Microsoft Powerpoint 97/2000/XP') formats too.

Advertisement