Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant question.

Options
  • 22-09-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I received a letter today stating that I have to send back 3 parts of info I missed no 1: proof of address but I sent a bank statement with my address as it says on the guidance notes on page 4 at the bottom of the page where its says Documentary evidence for an independent mature student: It says 'you will need to provide evidence of where you were living from the 1st of October 2009. Generally this will include:
    * utility bill, such as telephone, gas or electricity.
    * registration with the PRTB
    * Document received, for example, bank statement, correspondence from government department.
    I moved to Dublin the start of September and they say they want a utility bill and at the time I hadn't changed my name on bill as landlord still has name on that, I am just wondering if I swear an affidavit with a peace commissioner would that do.

2: Parents name and address in writing as at 1 October 2009. (I am a independent mature student do I still have to sent this information?)

3. Proof of residence in the state for at least 3 out of the 5 years (I have 3 p21's is that ok)

Sorry about bombarding you with all this. I'm on the back to education and that has been granted thankfully but been held up with this. Any advise would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

any help at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iamnotamoose

Hi,
    Affidavit- I used these for proof of maintenance and they were sufficient (got them from a local solicitor for a tenner) - maybe best to ring to check though.
    Parents name- I know its ridiculous, but they still require it.
    Proof of residence- I'd say the p21s would be sufficient-again, best call them to be sure.
    This may all be irrelevant cause I think, you're not be eligible for a grant if you're on BTEA

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7928/back-to-education-allowance/index.html

sorry I couldn't be of more help!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

For the proof for 3 years residency, the P21's should be fine but if they're not I got a letter from a previous employer stating that I was employed on a full time permanent basis for the 3 years. They accepted that.

Advertisement