Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using phone data in Japan?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

I posted in the Android section a question about phone data in Japan (For google maps etc). It was recommended that I get a Vodafone prepay SIM card and register on their 360 site. (I have an unlocked Desire). However I was informed by Vodafone rep that they have no prepay partner in Japan.

Has anyone actually done this before? Used a prepay Vodafone card in apan?

Cheers for the info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Vodafone prepaid is good deal for data because if it works it is still the usual 99c a day for 50MB.

But being prepaid it doesn't work in most countries of the world, so if you are going beyond Europe you are mostly likely out of luck.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/roaming/map/

So I would be astonished if you find someone who used Vodafone prepaid in Japan, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Arent three in Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

don't think 3 in japan, i know its in china alright :)

Advertisement