Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 - No Battery is Detected

Options
  • 22-09-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

I upgraded my OS from Vista to Windows 7 (32-bit) recently and ever since I'm having this problem battery with the battery indicated in the system tray.

When I start the laptop (without or without AC charger connected) the battery indicator in the system tray has a red 'X' through it. When I hover it I get the following message "No battery is detected". Other than than the battery works fine, but doesn't tell me how much power is used/left.

If I start the computer on AC power and disconnect the charger and then reconnect it the indicator starts working as normal. Similarly if I start the computer without the AC adaptor and plug one in it also starts working normally.

The problem is that I often don't have the charger with me or have main power available.

Anyone else having a similar issue and found a solution?
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement