Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The troll liberation quest?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

I am currently not subbed, but I was told that there is a troll home city liberation quest much like the wrath gate event.

Is this quest still available?

Does it have a limited window of oppourtunity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

D wrote: »
    I am currently not subbed, but I was told that there is a troll home city liberation quest much like the wrath gate event.

Is this quest still available?

Does it have a limited window of oppourtunity?

Yeah, theres a troll one and a gnome one. I only know the gnome one but i assume they are similar. First half of it is like a howling fjord quest (get in mechanical, do this, do that) and then theres a Battle Of Undercity part too.

AFAIK there is a timelimit on it. No idea when it disapears from live servers. I logged on yesterday, did the gnome one which got stuck just near the end and logged out :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MikeDE

the defeat of zalazane is a heroic deed, so I think this will only be possible to do until Cataclysm release. The horde quests are completely different from alliance quests, much cooler. the last quest, the final battle, is for toons from level 75 and more.
    It will take you about 45mins for all quests. It´s really funny, if you want to play again, do these quests!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

RopeDrink wrote: »
    (Can't speak for Alliance side, I know they get a Gnome Costume but no idea of the quests)

Exactly the same with less interaction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Only resubbed last week and didnt realise these hhad been activated. Might as well do them tonight.

Can i safely assume the horde starts down by the isles themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yeah senjin village.

• Advertisement

Just went to Senjin and didnt see crap... :(

found it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Found it boring as hell in my opinion, nothing we haven't seen before.

Collect X items.
    Fly and use X items at marked locations.
    Talk to Y.
    Do another "Battle for Undercity'esque" finale and voila.

The quest is worth doing purely for the Troll Costume (Can't speak for Alliance side, I know they get a Gnome Costume but no idea of the quests).

Lore heads & Troll fans will get a kick out of it but other than that I found it quite dull - Just my opinion of course ;) It's nice they added it in either way - I can't see it remaining once Cataclysm is released as by then the Trolls WILL be living on the Isles and the Gnomes will most likely be happy in Gnomereggan.

Yea I agree.. Had to do it twice and the second time I jsut put myself on follow on another dude doign it and kept tabbing in and out while was playing an Emulator. Friggin boring no skill needed and only good as you said for the Troll lore to see them move on the Isles, cant wait to see that myself tho tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's not exactly supposed to be a challenge though. You can't die. It's purely there from a lore point of view, and i liked them (although the gnome one keeps freezing on me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MR.VICE PRESIDENT

Some extra exp. points if your leveling a alt in the area which is cool. Especially if you have reffered a friend .. We got 2 levels out of them quests alone.. Troll costume is alright.. But the quests bored me .. Guess its there just too introduce the troll druids for cata and set the story up for thenext expansion. No clue what the gnome one is like.. Might check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement