Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Print Courses in Dublin?

• 22-09-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Didnt get accepted to NCAD print course and really want to
    learn this winter about general printing techniques etc...

Anyone have any info on where else is good for evening classes
    on print in Dublin?

Any info much appreciated! :)

Trev.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

What area of print - etching, silkscreen, litho? I don't know about a general 'print' course but the blackchurch print studio runs evening classes for various levels in etching, silkscreen, litho, the Graphic Studio offers etching and litho and Airfield House offers etching classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Check the Print Museum's website - lots of courses run by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Check the Print Museum's website - lots of courses run by them.
    1.15am?!

snorlax wrote: »
    1.15am?!

I know - I should know better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 infidelis

I recently started a screen printing course in Dublin/at The Black Church studios ,TempleBar.
    I'm not an artist myself but interested in print and silkscreen techniques in particular. At first I had some difficulties with images I had printed on acetates , as a moire effect kept appearing in my prints. I was lucky enough to find Hallprint Soloutions in Tallaght who not only explained what was happening but also gave me advice and were able to reprint my images in a rasterized form. They are basically a one stop shop for all things screen print related.They can provide all materials from inks , screens, stencils e.c.t as well as recovering and cleaning screens and re -stencilling , and indeed they can also do an edition of prints for you. They can also offer advise on photo editing and graphic design for film outputting. From large scale jobs to simple editioning solutions Hallprint.ie can do it all. i don't work for hallprint but they've got me out of a few problems with my screen prints and I haven't looked back since.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 infidelis

I'd also like to mention Black Church Print Studio(irishprint.ie).
    They run evening courses in several different types of print such as etching. screen print ,lithographyect. as well as weekend workshops for those that have previous experience in printing.
    For total beginners like myself ..they are very patient, helpful and accommodating. Although it's not an exact science or process and may involve a lot of trial runs they none the less do everything they can to help you get to the finished print.
    If you're considering learning about prints or printing I would recommend you look them up and find out which process would suit you best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

Hi guys - I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend an affordable print course in Dublin city centre?

I've been told about a new studio called Apollo Print that offers silk-screen printing courses. It's in the Tara Building near Tara Street station and it's supposed to be excellent value for money. I've seen a few of the printed artworks that people have made there and they're very impressive.

I'm just looking for a day workshop, or even a week, just a short course that won't break the bank. Any recommendations welcome :)

Also, does anyone know if there is a good letterpress course around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Dramatik

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paperandink

Dramatik wrote: »
    Maybe try

Looks cool. Remembering my early college years now and yearning to get the ink out...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ddub11

Hi new here,just came across this thread and was wondering why the interest in printing?

I was in the screen print business 30 years and would love to know what the interest is ?

• Advertisement

Zombie thread. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement