Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadowbank

Options
  • 22-09-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi -

I was just looking at places to rent in Letterkenny on Daft.ie. I came across 2 places in Meadowbank, 4 double bed house, and 5 double bed house, both €100 weekly.

It seems a bit too good to be true, as the houses seem to be in pretty good knick.

Anybody ever lived up there? Whats the area like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Up there with the worst estates in town, id avoid that area if possible, Theres a reason the houses are so cheap in that estate

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

cheers for that!! knew it was too good to be true - shame tho, the houses seem quite nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

it did have a bad rep for a while OP, meadowbank is just off a road called 'the long lane', there are a good few cul de sacs further up this road that are actully nice to live in, are very convenient for the town and hospital, and about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the IT and bus station.

theres another thread on the forum that also identify a few nice areas around letterkenny you might want to look at as well.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fannieannie

did u try the estate up the road from there fairgreen park i lives there for 2 years loved it & ive kids

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

iMuse wrote: »
    Up there with the worst estates in town, id avoid that area if possible, Theres a reason the houses are so cheap in that estate

Disagree. It was bad for a while but it's no worse than anywhere else now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

The dont call it <snip> for nothin ......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The dont call it <snip> for nothin ......:eek:

Stephendevlin, I've deleted your description of the estate, I know the area fairly well and i'm yet to hear it being called that, also i'm sure anyone who lives / knows someone who lives in the estate wouldn't take to kindly to your words, please chose your words more carefully next time, we'll leave it at that.

Thanks Homer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nicoladuff

Try elmwood downs, really nice house and much cheaper than in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LetsThinkBIG

<snip>

Please don't use the site as a means to advertise....Banned.

Advertisement