Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Northampton Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

jaykay74 wrote: »
    stuck a couple of quid on liverpool to win on pens. 7/2

2 quid well spent :D

Northampton win.

Fair fúcks to them.

Hang your heads in shame Hodgson and players. Fúcking disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hodgson out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Bring on the slaggibng, but you know we can take it :D

It's only the little cup.

Positives - Shelvey

Negatives - meh........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

You'll Never Walk Alone boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭GBX

F__kin hell .. what a week. Going from bad to worse :mad::mad::(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

11uf4wm.jpg11uf4wm.jpg11uf4wm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

On the plus side, we now have one less game to embarrass ourselves in.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Deservedly out.... ****ing depressing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sounds strange.... Liverpool V Northampton Northampton win.... and the better team won! The 'senior' members that togged out tonight are nothing short of a Fúcking Disgrace !!! Not an over reaction.... a fact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

glad to be out of it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Pete M. wrote: »
    It's only the little cup.

True that. There's always the Champions League ........ oh, hang on a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

to Arthur!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Northampton win.

Fair fúcks to them.

Hang your heads in shame Hodgson and players. Fúcking disgrace

I think hodgson will get rid of alot of deadwood as soon as he can. From the jan molby quote it sounded like he was going demented at what was goin on out there during the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

In fairness it could be a blessing in disguise and I've no doubt that at least some part of Hodgson will be happy to go out of this early doors.

and after all, it's only the Carling Cup who cares one way or the other? Probably the least important game Liverpool will have all year.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

LOL

LOL

LOL

Northampton oh yes....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hang your heads in shame Bring back Rafa!!!!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

5starpool wrote: »
    I can't ever remembering us losing a penalty shootout before. When was the last time it happened?

wimbledon league cup 1994 i think, the airplane celebrations at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jesus christ. And people thought they would get into the top 5 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Total disgrace losing to a league two team is ridiculous :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

PDN wrote: »
    True that. There's always the Champions League ........ oh, hang on a minute!

Improving performances in the league is all that matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What a day, three teams I hate knocked out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Liverpool, like a twink in a sauna- they suck bigtime!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Despite the inevitable overreactions that are on the way, it's only the league cup.

It's important not to lose sight of the priorities.
    Liverpool are still in the race for the Europa League spots, and all the focus needs to be on that.

Sorry lads, couldn't resist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

colly10 wrote: »
    Improving performances in the league is all that matters

Thats hardly going swimmingly either in all fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Iago wrote: »
    In fairness it could be a blessing in disguise and I've no doubt that at least some part of Hodgson will be happy to go out of this early doors.

and after all, it's only the Carling Cup who cares one way or the other? Probably the least important game Liverpool will have all year.

Yeah but it was Northampton!

I never buy this blessing in disguise malarkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

daithijjj wrote: »
    I think hodgson will get rid of alot of deadwood as soon as he can. From the jan molby quote it sounded like he was going demented at what was goin on out there during the match.

If we get rid of much more we wont have a squad at all.Let them all take a long hard look at themselves.Roy couldnt/didnt get them up for tonight and we were awful.
    Worse again if you are a fringe player you shouldnt need cajouling from the manager.The senior players especailly tonight were woeful and there is something rotten at the club.
    I feel a long season may be instore for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Jesus christ. And people thought they would get into the top 5 this year.
    I said Lucas wasn't a Champions League player and got slated by the Liverpool fans :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

All you can do is laugh at this stage... :)

Pity on them poor souls delving out money to go watch that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why cause ye are going win another trophy this season or something?

That is just not good enough tonight by Liverpool.

Shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Why cause ye are going win another trophy this season or something?

He's a Man U fan.

Yeah but it was Northampton!

I never buy this blessing in disguise malarkey.

Losing against a better team would still be a loss.

If you make 11 changes to your team then you're always going to struggle regardless of opposition, just look at United v Rangers last week.

All I'm saying is that while you don't go out to lose games, of all the games to lose this year tonights game was the one for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Liverpool are reminding me more and more of newcastle united of a few years back as time goes by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bloody hell I didn't expect that after the equaliser. :eek:

I thought pundits predicting mid-table were going overboard but maybe not. Hodgson has his work cut out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lads United fans will give you grief, as its the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning...

Playing the First XI in the final, epic fail!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Surprised? No.

Give a **** any more? No.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats hardly going swimmingly either in all fairness.

Given the lineup of teams so far, I would have expected a better result (a draw in the city game), i'm not surprised by any other result.
    It will also take time for Roy to get a better idea of the players and how to use them (and Torres to get fully fit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liverpool are reminding me more and more of newcastle united of a few years back as time goes by

Oi.

[cheap dig]

At least we won tonight.

[/cheap dig]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I agree with the sentiments Iago but we have a number of young players that are in that funny stage when they need football with the first team but just aren't good enough to step up full time just yet. The Carling cup was the perfect platform for these players to get experience or prove they deserve a first team spot. I couldn't give a crap about the Carling cup but I was really hoping they would get to play a few rounds to aid that progression.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

efb wrote: »
    Lads United fans will give you grief, as its the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning...

Playing the First XI in the final, epic fail!

would you ever stop talking ****e

United have gotten to the c league twice in 3 years, won the premierleague twice is 3 years, so comparing us to a team that has just gotten knocked out of the carling cup by a team 2 divisions below them and also havent won the league in nearly 20 years is laughable to be honest

I said Lucas wasn't a Champions League player and got slated by the Liverpool fans :rolleyes:

No you get slated by some Liverpool fans, the same fans that felt that no "real" fan would be critical of Lucas or Benitez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Losing against a better team would still be a loss.

If you make 11 changes to your team then you're always going to struggle regardless of opposition, just look at United v Rangers last week.

All I'm saying is that while you don't go out to lose games, of all the games to lose this year tonights game was the one for it!

And next you'll be trying to tell me that if Liverpool won 6-0 with Pacheco (or any other next big thing) scoring a hat trick that you would have managed to keep a clear head, and would be on here telling all the others to calm down that it is only the league cup?

Take it for what it is, regardless of the line up, or how many changes were made, regardless of the competition and how far you wanted to get,

This was Northampton, a league 2 outfit, and Liverpool lost, it is simply not good enough. It is not as if it was a big shock, it is just fitting with how the season has been going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought pundits predicting mid-table were going overboard but maybe not. Hodgson has his work cut out for him.

That was our second string in fairness. In no way am I excusing their performance tonight but still, to make the above statement based on the performance of the second string is a tad OTT don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Untitled-1.jpg?t=1285192291

Nice one BBC.

opr wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiments Iago but we have a number of young players that are in that funny stage when they need football with the first team but just aren't good enough to step up full time just yet. The Carling cup was the perfect platform for these players to get experience or prove they deserve a first team spot.I couldn't give a crap about the Carling cup I was really hoping they would get to play a few rounds to aid that progression.

Opr

Absolutely, and that's exactly what the top teams in the PL should be using it for. Unfortunately it sounds as though (didn't see the game so can't be sure) that some of the players who should be considered senior, whether first or second string, let you down tonight.

I also stand by my assertion that making wholesale changes will lead to defeat more often than not, and it's always a risk you take.

I'd like United to blood the kids in numerous rounds of the Carling Cup as well, but I'd of gladly taken defeat tonight over any other defeat we suffer all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

LOLerpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jeez, this thread is in full swing!

The Carling Cup really does deliver doesn't it?

And next you'll be trying to tell me that if Liverpool won 6-0 with Pacheco (or any other next big thing) scoring a hat trick that you would have managed to keep a clear head, and would be on here telling all the others to calm down that it is only the league cup?

Take it for what it is, regardless of the line up, or how many changes were made, regardless of the competition and how far you wanted to get,

This was Northampton, a league 2 outfit, and Liverpool lost, it is simply not good enough. It is not as if it was a big shock, it is just fitting with how the season has been going.

You do realise that I'm a United fan right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

don't care about the carling cup but do care that a team 17th in league 2 struggling with injurys come to anfield and knock us out it's a fcuking joke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement