Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the hell is 'Folan Quay' meant to be?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

For the Guinness yolk tomorrow the tickets say Folan Quay. Where's that? Dock Street? Breatnach Quay? Long Walk? Nimmo's?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What are those two words after Folan Quay on your ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Down the docks beside where the Oil Tankers berth, near where the stage was for the Volvo Race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

snubbleste wrote: »
    What are those two words after Folan Quay on your ticket ?

I don't have the tickets in hand and according to the person i was on the phone to, her set doesn't have any specifics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 billybobonline

Was wondering that too, but sure keep follow the music and you'll find it. Thats my plan anyway, but must be around the docks area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

It's down behind where the harbour hotel is. On the side facing where bar8 and sheridans (rip) used to be.

They were setting up the barriers last night when I passed by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I'll be there listening to the music from outside the barriers for free. Don't see the point of trying to restrict it unless you are mad into moshing up the very front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Does anyone have the lineup & times for the performances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

dilallio wrote: »
    Does anyone have the lineup & times for the performances?

http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/listing.html

No mention of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody else hear of the rumour that Snow Patrol are the "special guests" tonight?

They're listed for the Cork gig, but every chance they could do both Dublin and Galway too.

That's what I heard anyway.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's the place down the docks where the big stage is erected :pac:

As already said, it's to the right of the Harbour Hotel (If you're looking at the entrance of the hotel) between the oil tanker berth and the hotel/apartments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Where will be cordoned off? I wouldn't mind strolling down towards it to hear a bit of the music but won't be out long enough to warrant buying a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Had a look last night. Should be no prob seeing it from outside the barriers. I thought they would build a marquee or something. Can somebody post if they hear what time Imelda May is playing? She is playing in Cork at 1pm so maybe doing the opener here before heading to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

buzz55 wrote: »
    Where will be cordoned off? I wouldn't mind strolling down towards it to hear a bit of the music but won't be out long enough to warrant buying a ticket.

The area is pretty well cordoned, and I'd say it will be nigh on impossible to see the stage from most spots outside: they've some large tankers parked in strategic positions. No problem hearing from outside though (even fro several blocks away like I a now ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Down the docks next to the Harbour Hotel,look for the tiny stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Rain my pretty rain! I get the significance of having it so early but it's damn annoying for those that work!

Advertisement