Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music produced after 2009-is it ****e?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

I seem to find music from the year 2009 and new stuff from this year to be absolute ****e. Is it just me or is music these days rubbish?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

After the 1990's its become really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hop in my time machine, and let me take you back to the showband era.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

99% of the music from any decade was sh1te. But the gems are what we remember. There is good music out there, you just have to look very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

hello932 wrote: »
    I seem to find music from the year 2009 and new stuff from this year to be absolute ****e. Is it just me or is music these days rubbish?

If your in your 40's, yes its ****e.
    If your in your teens, its bleedin rapid bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If your in your 40's, yes its ****e.
    If your in your teens, its bleedin rapid bud diarrhoea

Corrected. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Biggins wrote: »
    Corrected. :p
    Biggins wrote: »
    After the 1990's its become really bad.

Because that's definitely correct.

It's not like Arcade Fire, Grizzly Bear, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, Vampire Weekend, The Strokes, LCD Soundsystem, Bon Iver et al are bands that started producing music this decade...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nah, you just suck at finding music

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Mastodon's crack the skye was made in 2009 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

"I was hoping that you'd call
    I'd showered shaved and shit and all."

Has there ever been a better lyric? Don't think so. And written in 2009 when music had supposedly died. Take it away Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just you. There's loads of great music from the last two years out there, you just have to work a bit harder to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It's a well known fact that all good music was recorded during the years 1990 - 1994. Anything good outside of that is just a collapse in the space-time continuum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

music ceased being good when Vince Neil quit Motley Crue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

There is good stuff out there, remember there's shite from other decades too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

<autotune>I agree with this post </autotune>

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

James LaBrie's new album is sounding good too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Absurdum wrote: »
    music ceased being good when Vince Neil quit Motley Crue

apart from this of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

One of my all time favourites. It's so good I dont even know what year it was made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYnrm9kOBk&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Generally most peoples favourite music will have occured during a five year time span occuring approximately between 16-21 years after their birth date. So in Pigheads case 93-98 was when it all went down.

for all you kids under 30 "When it all went down" is an old saying used by 90's hipsters to indicate an era when things were fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Still heaps of great music being made - too much to listen to. You're just lazy as **** and aren't looking outside the FM bandwith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Sweet wrote: »

It's not like Arcade Fire, Grizzly Bear, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, Vampire Weekend, The Strokes, LCD Soundsystem, Bon Iver et al are bands that started producing music this decade...

All of those bands are utter ****e and i have a hard time telling them apart. Current 'indie'/rock music is garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Beiber Fever Baby

Edit: Youtube upload fail - any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

left feild orbital super grass, are all great bands music like anything else bands now adays dont experement they place safe...

Look at kylie minouge or madonna they've all ways reinvented them selves acording to whats happening in the music industry.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jedward are savage. Their song, "Under Pressure" is f*cking brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Ok so where do people find music reviews online?-i like it easy-i dont want to have to trawl through endless reviews just to find one decent album. So i guess that does make me lazy. I generally use metacritic, 7 digital and sometimes entertainment.ie for their monthly reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Everything's shite since Roy Orbison died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

everything went shite when joe dolan died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Ok so where do people find music reviews online?-i like it easy-i dont want to have to trawl through endless reviews just to find one decent album. So i guess that does make me lazy. I generally use metacritic, 7 digital and sometimes entertainment.ie for their monthly reviews.

Become a hipster. Peruse Pitchfork and Drowned in Sound. They have forums too. If you think the people around here are w*nkers ..

Advertisement