Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses!!!!

Options
  • 22-09-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Are there any buses in or out of Mullingar that would get my daughter to and from college there each day? We live in Trim and most days I end up driving her there, any transport that would drop her even closer to home??? Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Which college is she in? Cos afaik there aren't any third-level colleges in Mullingar.:confused:

As for buses/trains, I don't think there are any between Mullingar and Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Mullingar Community 'College' on Millmount St. She doing Post Leaving Cert course in Beauty Therapy.
    Mullingar impossible to get in or out off by public transport. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Have a look at the Bus Eireann website for bus times from Ballivor to Mullingar, or probably better still; Clonard To Mullingar, not ideal but somewhat closer than driving all the way four times a day.

Had a quick look there: The No.22 Leaves Clonard (Donovans) at 08:55 and reaches Mullingar at 09:20 and returns from Mullingar at 15:45 getting into Clonard at 16:10.

If those times suit, I'd imagine it would be a shorter drive to Clonard via Longwood than the trip to Mullingar.

ohh that sounds a possibility, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Might be worth trying the bus companies that run to the secondary schools in Mullingar. Lots of people travel from Kinnegad and surrounds in to Mullingar. Bus works out about 25 a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

alanajane wrote: »
    We live in Trim
    :eek:

Sorry to hear

:eek:

Sorry to hear

Would appreciate intelligent replies only please........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

alanajane wrote: »
    Would appreciate intelligent replies only please........

I thought my post was more intelligent than the assumption of having decent public transport from Trim to Mullingar. Like i said, i feel bad for someone in your position

i picked you up wrong, sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

Alanajane - did you resolve this? I'm trying to get child into school in mullingar from Clonard or Kinnegad but none of the Bus Eireann buses will work for this time.

• Advertisement

Crikey, it been a while now. No never did get it resolved. Ended up driving every morning, but she did get the occasional bus to Clonard from Mullingar coming home, arriving in Clonard around 4.15 (thereabouts I cant remember exactly). It was the Dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

You're very good! Thanks for the reply - hopefully someone else is in the same boat and we can share the trip.

Advertisement