Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Flute

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭clairemcbear

I was encouraged to buy a Trevor James, and I think a lot of beginners are (served me well anyway). I bought it second hand,from a friend,and paid at the time I think around 150 pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

castle wrote: »
    My 8 yr daughter has taken lessons for tin whistle and now she will start the flute. Can you recommend a decent flute for good value,would consider 2nd hand, how much would I expect to pay for a started flute and where should I buy,In Dublin so would waltons be the ebst best, what type of flute are there to choose from, it is a beginner so dont want to pay to much in case she gives up,

seen this on ebay very cheap,http://cgi.ebay.ie/Irish-Flute-Fully-Playable-Brass-Trimming-Nice-Case-New-/350363973742?pt=UK_Woodwind_Instruments&hash=item519351f86e
    thanks

I assume you're looking for a wooden Flute. I'd be very weary of buying a cheap one online as we've found some of them are simply not in tune.
    We found a reasonable entry level wooden Flute that is ideal for beginners that we now stock. Some parents come to me saying they had been quoted 500 Euro for an entry level Flute which is ridiculous for a child that may well give it up.

Advertisement