Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAS/Leaving Cert

• 22-09-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone knows about the eligibilty criteria for Fas. I have seen a course I would like to do (am currently unemployed) but it says on the course details Educational QualificationsEducated to Leaving Certificate STANDARD

I dont have my leaving cert so is it pointless to even apply?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

I would advise you apply anyway. I just started a Fas course and was told it was full originally and would have to go elsewhere to do it. I applied telling them I had a preference for the first location. Then I got it, started this week, half the people who accepted didn't turn up and the tutor was telling us to tell people there are places available. So though you may not fulfil all the criteria if there are places left you might get one, nothing to lose anyway by applying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

thanks for reply.
    im going to call them tomorrow to ask and see what they say, nothing ventured nothing gained!
    theres probably other criteria like having to be unemployed for a certain amount of time or whatever but sure will see how it goes.
    i just wasnt sure if they were strict on the leaving cert

Advertisement