Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bibliography Query

Options
  • 22-09-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Can someone tell me if I am putting in e-mail correspondence with someone in my bibliography, do I have to give the person's email, or is it enough to simply say correspondence with?

Also I have two of the same publications with different dates, in a bibliography, which one goes first in order?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

inde wrote:
    Can someone tell me if I am putting in e-mail correspondence with someone in my bibliography, do I have to give the person's email, or is it enough to simply say correspondence with?

I would say 'personal correspondance' and have the emails ready to go as an appendix.
    inde wrote:
    Also I have two of the same publications with different dates, in a bibliography, which one goes first in order?

I presume this means one newer edition? Dates in that case would go in numerical order, i would assume, but that probably depends on your referencing system, I'm only used to APA, and I know a lot of places use Harvard... If you're using endnote or zotero or something that should just do it the right way for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 inde

Yeah but I have interviews as well, do all of those have to go in an appendix too? There are over 10 interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You're really best to check this sort of stuff with your supervisor, each Uni has different expectations. You have your interviews transcribed anyway at this stage, so its not a big deal to stick them in an appendix, or at least a sample one. They need to be able to check your method and that you're not just making stuff up!! :P

Advertisement