Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda 125 + insurance + helmet + jacket + boots + lock for €2899. Good deal?

• 22-09-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

As seen here: http://www.hondaireland.ie/

Honda 125 + insurance + helmet + jacket + boots + lock for €2899. Is this a good deal?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Yes, and no.

Depends on what you want.

If you are young, and want a 125, the Honda CBF 125 is one of the best out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

As something to learn how to ride a bike?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Which bike is it, it just says 'A Honda 125'? And there is an asterix beside the insurance part, which means it may be more expensive, I presume. I cant find anymore info on site, so I presume youve got to contact a dealer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Heard the ad for this on the radio this morning. No detail on the bike but it didnt mention the insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Its a Honda CBF 125 as mentioned above, I have one.

They're very good for a 125, reliable, nice look and nippy enough but really only used for town riding as i feel i get a bit frustrated with the speed on the open road i.e Duel Carrigeways!

Price seems good for all the gear and extras as it will probably add up to above that price anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Do I need to change my licence (car only) before I can drive one of these? Obviously I know when I pass my bike test my licence will change, but before I pass my test will my normal car licence be enough?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

You need to do a theory test(AM) and get an A learner permit. Car licence stays the same, when you pass the test you send off to get the A on it. :)

Make sure its not a cheap €50 helmet and decent quality gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

faceman wrote: »
    Heard the ad for this on the radio this morning. No detail on the bike but it didnt mention the insurer.

The insurance is provided by AON Bike Care.

Id be concerned about the quality of the helmet, jacket and gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭HellishHeat

I have recently been looking at this deal and have done some research. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a scam because that's probably not polite. However, the insurance offered is only 3rd party.

If you want to upgrade the insurance to 3rd Party Fire and theft (And you will if availing of this deal in any of the places where it is available) the price jumps up quite a bit. So much so, in fact, that you are better off getting insurance elsewhere.

The insurance is with AON, to upgrade to 3rd P, fire +theft, costs me an extra 600 quid.. while 3rd party fire + theft is €588 with Quinn.

Dodgy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone who doesnt have Fully Comp insurance for them and their bike is flaming bonkers!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anyone who doesnt have Fully Comp insurance for them and their bike is flaming bonkers!

Right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

As the rider, you don't have fully comp, only your bike does. If you have a cheapist bike woth say €1,000 why pay an extra €300 for fully comp on it? Excess is around €250 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No, you can get them bikes cheap 2nd hand. Check biker.ie two of them for sale on there. 06 and 08 I think.

It might be a CBF, thought it was a YBR myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭HellishHeat

I'd like to retract my earlier post in which I used the word scam. I have since went for the ANF125 with this deal: The deal is only 3rd party insurance but I got bumped up to 3rdP, F&T for an extra 225. So.. I got the ANF125, helmet, jacket,gloves,lock, 3rd P, F&T for around €3125.

Which is, actually, a pretty good deal. It's my first bike and I love it. The re-sale value, after 3 or 4 years, isn't too bad either so I would like to encourage anyone who is considering it. The lads at Honda, Ballymount were very helpful.

Advertisement