Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Down in the rathfarnam , churchtown, dundrum area? Tv keeps cutting in and out

• 22-09-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Anyone with problems with upc in the rathfarnam , churchtown, dundrum area. Tv keeps cutting in and out.

Customer service.........no one answering the phones it seems......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Grand here,Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Perfect here in dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭paikea

Terrible speed (around 4Mb/s instead of 15), phone had a busy signal yesterday but the TV seems to be fine.

Rathfarnham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Tv fine but slow speeds in sandyford stepaside area for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Something to do with the rain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Tv,s gone again. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Broadband issues last night in Rathfarnham, problems loading webpages but speedtest results were ok. TV signal was acting up earlier in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,085 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Inchicore and Hearolds X:

Terribly slow to change channel and operate dvr, broadband intermittently slow also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

cdb wrote: »
    Broadband issues last night in Rathfarnham, problems loading webpages but speedtest results were ok. TV signal was acting up earlier in the week.

Have had exactly the same problems last couple of nights with Broadband in Rathfarnham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

That is weird I was blaming safari I downloaded a large file no problem did a speed test everything fine ping test ok.

But webpages taking a while to load.
    Strange have had the 15 meg 5months now no issues until a week ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

cabrwab wrote: »
    That is weird I was blaming safari I downloaded a large file no problem did a speed test everything fine ping test ok.

But webpages taking a while to load.
    Strange have had the 15 meg 5months now no issues until a week ago

Try changing your DNS servers to either opendns or google dns, the default UPC DNS servers could be the issiue

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,599 ✭✭✭✭ted1

call them and they'll boost the signal. It sorted me out the other day. I was very dubious when she said she could boost the signal remotely to my device by using the serial number but it worked. Still a bit confused as to what exactly they did.

Advertisement