Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin f6d4230-4

Options
  • 22-09-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I have a Belkin f6d4230-4 and in the last few days it keeps disconnecting from the net for both the Wireless and Wired connections. I have tried changing the Bandwidth to 20, but that didnt seem to make any difference either. Any Ideas ?

Wireless Channel >12345678910111213Extension Channel >210SSID > Wireless Mode > Off802.11g802.11b&802.11g&802.11n1x1 802.11n [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL] Bandwidth >20/40MHz20MHzBroadcast SSID > [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL] Protected Mode > OFF ON [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL] 802.11e/WMM QoS > OFF ON [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

i would suggest to reset your router, and configure again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

akamossie wrote: »
    i would suggest to reset your router, and configure again!!

As in do a 30/30/30 reset not a power cycle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

It has been reset a few times now. Full reset to factory settings. It works away and then after a while just gets completely flaky and gets disconnected a lot. It's really annoying at this stage.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    It has been reset a few times now. Full reset to factory settings. It works away and then after a while just gets completely flaky and gets disconnected a lot. It's really annoying at this stage.

Have you tried setting MTU to 1492 or maybe less...1400 or 1300 is recommended. If this is set to more than 1500 it can cause transmission problems and packet loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I have a Belkin f6d4230-4 and in the last few days it keeps disconnecting from the net for both the Wireless and Wired connections. I have tried changing the Bandwidth to 20, but that didnt seem to make any difference either. Any Ideas ?

Wireless Channel >12345678910111213Extension Channel >210SSID > Wireless Mode > Off802.11g802.11b&802.11g&802.11n1x1 802.11n [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL] Bandwidth >20/40MHz20MHzBroadcast SSID > [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL] Protected Mode > OFF ON [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL] 802.11e/WMM QoS > OFF ON [URL="javascript:void(0);"] More Info[/URL]

Buy a better router, Belkin are absolute rubbish. Funny enough they're the first brand Currys/PcWorld/Harvey Norman recommend cos they look nice and flash and have a nice markup, shows all they know

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Buy a better router, Belkin are absolute rubbish. Funny enough they're the first brand Currys/PcWorld/Harvey Norman recommend cos they look nice and flash and have a nice markup, shows all they know

+1 on this. Netgear, Linksys, D-Link , buffalo seem to be the popular choice.

But first, check your firmware is up to date. If not, then update it. Firmware updates often solve problems and fix bugs.

Have you tried setting MTU to 1492 or maybe less...1400 or 1300 is recommended. If this is set to more than 1500 it can cause transmission problems and packet loss.

MTU was 1454.

+1 on this. Netgear, Linksys, D-Link , buffalo seem to be the popular choice.

But first, check your firmware is up to date. If not, then update it. Firmware updates often solve problems and fix bugs.

Had the same problems with the previous Netgear and Linksys ones as well. ISP are sending me a new Modem, hopefully that will have been the cause.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Post back if it works man!

Post back if it works man!

Hasn't worked. Belkin is going in the bin. I may have been unlucky with the previous Linksys.

So, can someone reccomend a good Linksys to use for the following.
    • Wireless router.
    • At least 1 lan connection for a desktop.
    • USB port/s to connect an ext hdd (May as well move some of the media stuff from the desktop)
    • Will work well with Netgear Digital Entertainer.
    • Has no issues with up to 5 laptops running on it.
    • Won't break bank
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Ur having the same problem with previous netgear and linksys models and now the belkin and you still think its the modem?

Id be surprised :confused:

No, Modem has now been replaced and I am still having the same problem.

Latest attempt

Did a 30/30/30 again, followed by;

- Connect the computer to the "LAN" port on the router and connect the modem to the Internet/"WAN" port, using Ethernet cables.
    - Log on to the router web interface by typing in http://192.168.2.1, in the address bar of the browser.
    - By default, the password is blank.
    - Click on "Connection Type" in the left hand column under "Internet WAN" heading.

Dynamic connection
    - Choose "Dynamic" and then click on "Next".
    - “Host Name” blank.
    - Click on "Change WAN MAC Address".
    - Click on the button "Clone".
    - Click on "Apply Changes".

Seems to be ok now, but time will tell.

Advertisement