Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student of Marketing needed

Options
  • 22-09-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently became self-employed (1 man consulting firm) and I would like to get in touch with someone who has interest and passion for marketing (a graduate; student etc.) and who would like to get a real hands-on experience in helping me to develop and execute a small marketing campaign.

In return they could use my business for their portfolio and I would be more than happy to provide references or other help.

Please send me a private message if you are interested.

Patricia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

And how much are you going to pay them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This seems very familiar. Have you asked this very same question before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

Blacknight wrote: »
    And how much are you going to pay them?

Comission on services rendered.

Just to clarify again: I am looking for students who want to learn, gain experience and help me to learn - not for marketing professionals searching for job with a weekly wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

I think you are praying on the hopes of graduates by scalping them - getting them to work for nothing - its called exploitation.

I didn't know that such opinions can still exist ;-)

I worked for free each time I changed my career, and it was really valuable experience. As a matter of fact I still work for free voluteering with organistaion where I can gain new skills and knowledge. If you think that commiting 3-4 hours a week to new work experience that can help you in your proper job in future is called exploitation. Then, you'r dead right, I exploit people and I am willing to pay them comission. It is awful! ;-)

• Advertisement

I didn't know that such opinions can still exist ;-)

I worked for free each time I changed my career, and it was really valuable experience. As a matter of fact I still work for free voluteering with organistaion where I can gain new skills and knowledge. If you think that commiting 3-4 hours a week to new work experience that can help you in your proper job in future is called exploitation. Then, you'r dead right, I exploit people and I am willing to pay them comission. It is awful! ;-)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Such stupid replys in this thread.
    OT but from what I can see from recent posts Ive read, ms Blacknight doesnt add too much to the marketing forum.
    I worked for free for three months a small company last year as a graduate, becuase I wanted to be working and not sittng at home on the dole, and also its exactly the space I want to be in, the OP is being clear that they are offering work experience and payment on a commission basis which if its an interesting position and good experience, and half brained graduate would jump at in this climate.

Exploitation my arse, this is the type of Celtic Tiger cub ****e that annoys me.

Advertisement